+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Radio Wales - Rob Phillips Phone In

Radio Wales - Rob Phillips Phone In

Just wondered - some fans are there week after week. Why is that?

Re: Radio Wales - Rob Phillips Phone In

Cos no-one else rings in perhaps ?

Quote Originally Posted by NECS wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 18:49
    Cos no-one else rings in perhaps ?
    I don't think so - there are about three people who are there mostly every week. It appears to be staged. Surely - there must be lots of people who phone in, but these people are well known to the presenters. Of course I can't be sure of what's happening there. But you would not expect to have the same three people being interviewed every week unless this were fabricated.

listening to that, were we really that bad today or was the commentary the usual bilge on radio wales

Quote Originally Posted by Philb wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 19:18
    listening to that, were we really that bad today or was the commentary the usual bilge on radio wales
    And when I watch games - rarely - I tend to be more positive than most - generally speaking.

Haven't listened to it since that buffoon Leighton James had a barney with Jason Perry. Also sick of hearing that halfwit Paul from Neath every week.

It may just be the case that the producers have an arrangement to ring some indivuals who they know will contribute to the show. It would give them some certainty that some of their slot will be filled. Similarly, when fewer people are in the queue they might choose to talk to someone at length rather than keeping it brief. They have time to fill after all.

What happens is if they are not getting any callers they will phone people who are known to them who can actually talk and not UMMM & RRRRRR. !!

There is nothing worse than some who phones up, but then once on air, they DRY UP and do not contribute anything to the programme.

They thrive on controversy and want people ringing in who can actually string two words together.

You always get people asking why it sounds like the same people, yet the people asking this question NEVER PHONE IN THEMSELVES.

As for the game today, we were s***e.

B 2 B.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Sun, 15 March 2015 07:42
    It may just be the case that the producers have an arrangement to ring some indivuals who they know will contribute to the show. It would give them some certainty that some of their slot will be filled. Similarly, when fewer people are in the queue they might choose to talk to someone at length rather than keeping it brief. They have time to fill after all.
    Yes - that figures.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Sun, 15 March 2015 10:02
    What happens is if they are not getting any callers they will phone people who are known to them who can actually talk and not UMMM & RRRRRR. !!
    Looks that way. Cheers.

After the game they had "Gilo" ( former Ebbw Vale manager), giving his twopenneth, even though he hadn't seen the game, just listened to Phillips droning on for 90 mins!

Unfortunately many listen but few participate in these shows. I go on the Cardiff City phone-in which is a worthwhile show for City fans but only 4 or 5 of us ever seem to take part with a few other one off or occasional callers.

I've been on Rob Phillips show a couple of times and I think they have/had more callers but few will call them, not sure why as we all have plenty to say on message boards or in pubs.

It is not without irony that those who start me threads saying why don't we have different voices or why is it always the same ones are always people who don't call in themselves. It is also true that these shows get plenty of callers when City are doing sh@te or we want the manager out but when City win or the season is petering to a mid-table end like now, it doesn't inspire many to want to call.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues wrote on Mon, 16 March 2015 01:26
    Unfortunately many listen but few participate in these shows. I go on the Cardiff City phone-in which is a worthwhile show for City fans but only 4 or 5 of us ever seem to take part with a few other one off or occasional callers.
    Know what you mean. I wouldn't call in about the game itself because usually I listen to it on the radio. But I do get the impression listening in sometimes that they are struggling to get people to participate.

They often ring me to go on the show. I think they are grateful for the fact that they can use someone who can at least string a few words together before going to the pub. The have had their figures burned once or twice with some right dickheads.