+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Here's one for you all

Here's one for you all

This week I finally got round to finding my grampys grave which was tracked down by my Australian cousin.
    My grampy who was 35 at the time of his death back in 1935 was accidentally killed while painting a ship in the Queen Alexander dry dock in Newport.
    Basically he was painting a ship called The SS Devon with his workmate at Newport docks while stood on a trestle.
    The guy who was working a crane unloading a ship in the same dock was deaf.
    So , while my grandfather and his mate were painting the ship, the guy operating the crane didn't notice them painting and started moving the cranes load towards both men who were about 100 foot above the dry dock below,
    The foreman at the dock shouted out Wooah! to the deaf guy operating the crane and because he was death he didn't hear his screams and proceeded to knock both men of the trestle and unfortunately for my grandfather he landed on his bonce and died.
    The other guy survived.
    Cut along story short my Nan remarried years later, and she died at the grand old age of 94.
    Now unknown to me until this week I never knew where my gran was buried as my family had fallen out with her and her daughter, (my aunt).
    Well imagine my surprise when I found my grandfather's grave and my nans name was also on the plot.
    This made me think when I got home, If you loved your wife or husband so much and you have had the odd word with each other about when you die, and you want to be buried together etc, What if, like this instance of the age gap between them both, there was some kind of heaven, then wouldn't you be dreading the day if you were the one that died at the younger age and you were wherever this magical world existed waiting for your old flame to join you, wouldn't you be looking at the clock and dates thinking, "Sod this for a laugh, She is going to be an old wrinkly bugger now and here I am still in my prime, You just wouldn't want to know him or her as a partner like that anymore as the age difference is just mental.
    Your going to be up there with a few of your mates and they will no doubt RIP the piss out of you when she arrives.
    They are going to be like a gran or grandad age and your not going to have a lot in common because your going to have a lot more fun and go in you and they will be just telling you to behave and act sensible etc.
    I'm not a heaven believer but if your view is that there could be a heaven like in the films then I'm afraid this one is just not going to work.
    My Mrs reckons if you love someone unconditionally and they die then if it was a heaven then all you had in common before will make it work and we won't be in our bodies that we have now.
    I appreciate that this is a complete pile a guff but after being awake now for 24 hours and just drank a bottle of wine, then I felt I just had to share this with you all.

Re: Here's one for you all

It's a bit early to be on the wine.

Just finished work. late one. lol

When you're dead you're dead I'm afraid. No heaven, no hell, no afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Sun, 15 March 2015 13:29
    Unless you reproduce then it's over for you and your dna

My 87 year old grandfather was decorating his front room when unfortunately in the middle of doing so his body gave up and he kicked the bucket.
    Daft bastard got paint everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Sun, 15 March 2015 07:32
    It's a bit early to be on the wine.
    As opposed to having a whine

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Sun, 15 March 2015 13:29
    Imagine.

Worst joke yet.

We all talk about it on here very rationally and as a matter of fact, but I'll be honest the thought of it terrifies me.

I'll be clinging on as on as I can!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Irish wrote on Sun, 15 March 2015 23:27
    We all talk about it on here very rationally and as a matter of fact, but I'll be honest the thought of it terrifies me.
    Scared of death? Sounds like you need religion!