+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why you should or should not renew

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Why you should or should not renew

Renew?

So many views about this when the answer is very simple.

If you are a supporter of Cardiff City football club, you renew.
    If you can think of a reason not to, and want to think of a reason not to, you can think of a reason not to.

If you were really worried about the Rebrand, you would not have renewed last year. Or the year before. If you want to join the moral majority (I think there are three of them) who spout on interminably in their own way about the "history and culture" of the club, which never existed apart from, of course, the history, then you are somewhat belated.

The fact is we have a useless manager and we are cutting cloth. This season has been utterly depressing in a football sense. Slade is a hoofball man.

However, those of us who are real fans (I have to include myself in this) have seen so much garbage over the many years that we know that supporting is just what it says. We just support Cardiff City, come what may. Not a single one of us has had any discernible effect on the people who run our club. Ever. This age of entitlement does not work in football. Why some who lived with this for years now seem to make a moral argument for not going is beyond me.

Neither, for we real fans, is it an option not to go. However, season tickets for thousands of fans are a relatively recent concept. Not long ago 10,000 at Ninian was a big crowd. So not having a season ticket in a massive stadium which isn't going to be full is not such a big issue. Buying a season ticket is simply a financial consideration.
    Unless. Of course, you have one in a seat you like and are a real fan.

Because we are a club which is quite capable of making another charge for the Premier League at some point in the near future. Capital City, super stadium, decent recent history which shows we can get there for goodness sake, things could change here in a whipstitch.

So I will be renewing. I think it would be short-sighted not to do so. (Anyway, I'll always do it!)

Re: Why you should or should not renew

Whipstitch?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Thu, 19 March 2015 23:55
    Whipstitch?
    Powder and paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Thu, 19 March 2015 23:58
    Whipstitch?
    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Thu, 19 March 2015 23:55
    Powder and paint.
    Are you am or am you not?

Customer of the year contender - NQAT.

So basically, everything that's going on at the club doesn't matter except being a real fan which is so amazing and shows how amazing you are as a real fan because goddamn it, it's what. We. Do. [Cut to: hysterical cheers from the pompous army].

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn wrote on Thu, 19 March 2015 21:57
    Renew?
    I will renew as well, so will my mates , purely down to the simple fact of being lifetime supporters, not fickle ones .

Well thanks for that boys. And here I was after 55 years thinking that I was a real fan but apparently I'm not. Oh well.

We are born to serve.

Renew?
    [Drumroll]...and the winner of the most pompous contribution of the year goes to...

Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 06:52
    Renew?
    ....a real fan.

Well I could think of a justifiable reason not to renew travelling from Southampton but I won't as I will be renewing, does that make me a real fan?

Quote Originally Posted by old blue wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 07:26
    Well I could think of a justifiable reason not to renew travelling from Southampton but I won't as I will be renewing, does that make me a real fan?
    It means that you are someone who decides what to spend his money and time on. Splendid.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 07:45
    It means that you are someone who decides what to spend his money and time on. Splendid.
    Nice to know I'm appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 06:52
    Renew?

However, those of us who are real fans (I have to include myself in this) have seen so much garbage over the many years that we know that supporting is just what it says. We just support Cardiff City, come what may.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 08:34
    However, those of us who are real fans (I have to include myself in this) have seen so much garbage over the many years that we know that supporting is just what it says. We just support Cardiff City, come what may.
    Unless we're on holiday, or at the cricket, or have better things to do, eh Rich?

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 08:51

Quote Originally Posted by [IMG
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif[/IMG] The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 08:55]
    Quote Originally Posted by rich munn wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 08:51

Us 5 are renewing, being a supporter means through good and bad times, plus, not the same going up the Butchers on match day and not going to the match.

Quote Originally Posted by langley wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 10:26
    Us 5 are renewing, being a supporter means through good and bad times, plus, not the same going up the Butchers on match day and not going to the match.
    So what about the thousands of fans who turn up when the team is doing well but don't bother when they're not? Are those people not supporters?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 11:44
    Quote Originally Posted by langley wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 10:26
    So what about the thousands of fans who turn up when the team is doing well but don't bother when they're not? Are those people not supporters?
    Supporter in a flimsy way, not what I would call a 'real supporter'. Always been the same at Cardiff, so don't know what the fuss is about.

Quote Originally Posted by langley wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 12:04
    Supporter in a flimsy way, not what I would call a 'real supporter'. Always been the same at Cardiff, so don't know what the fuss is about.
    There's that word again. Real. Gotta keep it real. Must be real. Real fans. Real fire. Real passion. And a really empty stadium by all accounts.

I remember the days when I bought into all this "real fan" stuff too.