+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why you should or should not renew

First Team

Re: Why you should or should not renew

Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Bluebird wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 13:52
    I remember the days when I bought into all this "real fan" stuff too.
    Even if such a thing existed it died when we were converted into customers and then revenue streams.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 12:45
    Supporter in a flimsy way, not what I would call a 'real supporter'. Always been the same at Cardiff, so don't know what the fuss is about.
    Quote Originally Posted by langley wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 12:04
    There's that word again. Real. Gotta keep it real. Must be real. Real fans. Real fire. Real passion. And a really empty stadium by all accounts.
    You seem Really bothered by it, not sure why as it doesn't really concern you any more.

Quote Originally Posted by langley wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 14:08
    You seem Really bothered by it, not sure why as it doesn't really concern you any more.
    Me bothered by Vinny's empty stadium? Get real, Langers. The Emperor's new red stand looks really silly though, doesn't it? A really expensive eyesore. Bet he really regrets spending £10 million-plus on that. It makes Cornelius look like a real bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Bluebird wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 13:52
    Likewise, but I came to realise it's really daft.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 14:35
    Likewise, but I came to realise it's really daft.
    Real fan = a fan who behaves as Richmunn thinks they should behave.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 14:53
    Real fan = a fan who behaves as Richmunn thinks they should behave.

I've just bought my season ticket for next season. Always swore I'd go back once they'd changed back to blue. Just have to get used to going again

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 14:33
    Me bothered by Vinny's empty stadium? Get real, Langers. The Emperor's new red stand looks really silly though, doesn't it? A really expensive eyesore. Bet he really regrets spending £10 million-plus on that. It makes Cornelius look like a real bargain.
    Me, still looking forward to watching the Bluebirds tomorrow..

Just bought mine,hopefully next year is better than this season.

I will be renewing, it doesn't make me any better or more real than the next man. My decision was partly born out of habit.
    A habit that is now entering its 36th year.

I can understand why plenty have had a guts full and I openly admit that going down the City often feels like a chore or even a fecking punishment.

Funny how those who have stopped going are such experts on " being a real fan ".

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 17:15
    Funny how those who have stopped going are such experts on " being a real fan ".
    It's Rich and Langers who are the experts on being a 'real' fan. I guess you haven't bothered to read their posts.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 14:33
    Like all the other bad decisions over the last few years, the red stand wasn't Tans fault, he was badly advised. Again.

Posts have been deleted from this thread. What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn wrote on Thu, 19 March 2015 21:57
    Renew?
    Have you stole Carl superfan Curtis' soap box ?

After supporting since 1967 a feeling of apathy has set in. I think after all these years you can't say I'm a good time fan. Then on the very same day a renewal begging letter arrives with promises that we are all in this together, a reliable team player gets loaned out and I find out I may lose 15 hrs a week in the very near future . Is it worth 40 quid a month. I'm undecided! Opinions are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 17:40
    It's Rich and Langers who are the experts on being a 'real' fan. I guess you haven't bothered to read their posts.
    Like alcoholics you can't quite give it up no matter what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 18:20
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 17:40
    Nope , I read the whole thread before posting and was really having a dig at you and your ilk.

Quote Originally Posted by salopiancity wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 18:19
    After supporting since 1967 a feeling of apathy has set in. I think after all these years you can't say I'm a good time fan. Then on the very same day a renewal begging letter arrives with promises that we are all in this together, a reliable team player gets loaned out and I find out I may lose 15 hrs a week in the very near future . Is it worth 40 quid a month. I'm undecided! Opinions are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 02:21
    If you are undecided then the answer is to renew. You are obviously a "real fan".
    Disappointed in me? I just find it amusing when someone tells other people what to do and what category they belong or don't belong to.

I want to be one of rich munn's real fans too. But am I up to standard? Will he be disappointed in me?

Having been a supporter since 1978 I suppose I should not be classified as a fair weather fan either. I am on record as saying that the only factor (at the time of writing!) which would make me hesitate to renew was a significant rise in the ST price. As this has not happened I will be renewing. However I confess that I have been a bit of a naughty boy in that I am leaving it to the last minute before I do so. I wonder if lots of others are doing the same, which has prompted the "begging letter" you refer to and which I also received yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 18:20
    Nope , I read the whole thread before posting and was really having a dig at you and your ilk.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 02:11
    I don't like using smilies, but the ones you talk about are laughable.

No rush to get my season ticket there will be 1000's of seats available, waiting for the BOGOF offer lol