+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dexys

Re: dexys

Geno

Re: dexys

Quote Originally Posted by protex blue wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 12:17
    They got a bit of a hiding in the Top Rank back in the day... Started playing the big un in front of an audience full of City fans.. Big mistake Kev
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 10:57
    I was there that evening. The crowd started chanting for "Geno" and Rowlands told them that they'd moved on from that - cue a shower of plastic glasses!
    Quote Originally Posted by protex blue wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 10:48
    The security staff were really up against it, they were getting pelted too - it took a City fan, to jump up on stage,restore calm and get the band back out - "ladies & gentleman, I present to you... Stabber!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 04:01
    I loved Dexy's and apart from a lengthy sabbatical they are a band who have never stood still, always changing and reinventing themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by protex blue wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 21:00
    Despite the media image, Rowlands was reported to be easy to work with and wasn't as egotistic as many would make believe. He was often prepared for others to move to the fore in the group. Indeed, nowadays he is a far more relaxed individual and conducts a good interview.
    I thought it was Keith Allen, the comedian, who wound the crowd up, slagging off the Welsh etc...he was the support act that night, then Dexys took the brunt of the abuse when they came on.