+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season Ticket Add On Charges

Season Ticket Add On Charges

Sorry if an answer to this is buried in the Messageboard archives but:

Why is there a £5 booking fee if you apply online?
    Why is there a £5 admin fee if you respond to one of the recent flyers sent out?

It just seems daft that the club want us to renew our season tickets and then add on an additional charge. Hardly encouragement to renew.

Re: Season Ticket Add On Charges

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderbankk wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 09:24
    And people wonder why fans are feeling more and more disenfranchised over here....

First Team

Our sole role in the modern game is to hand over money and feed the monster that is professional football in the UK.
    What some like to call loyalty or support is referred to as a continuing income stream in the modern club.
    Next thing you know they will charge you a membership fee to enable you to buy tickets, hang on.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 09:29
    Our sole role in the modern game is to hand over money and feed the monster that is professional football in the UK.
    Or asking you to pay £50 for a football shirt with adverts on it.

I paid £10 in booking fees (me and my son) . I`m guessing that`s so they can squeeze 2 credit card sized stadium cards into the same envelope and deliver it to the same address.
    I booked mine in the ticket office and not on line.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 09:29
    There only strange thing about German football is the replica shirt prices - €90!!

Paying £50 (or more if you're a Leicester City fan) to stand in a queue is awful. It leading to a scenario where a fan who has followed them throughout the leagues can't get a ticket but a Man United fan, who only wants to see premier league football, can is abhorrent.

Quote Originally Posted by insider wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 09:33
    I paid £10 in booking fees (me and my son) . I`m guessing that`s so they can squeeze 2 credit card sized stadium cards into the same envelope and deliver it to the same address.
    Bet you a five pounds (of magic beans) that you get two envelopes

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 09:29
    We ordered,paid for and printed our match tickets for Bayer Leverkusen against Stuttgart last Friday.All done from UK and no extra charges-we are light years behind.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 09:49
    What some like to call loyalty or support is referred to as a continuing income stream in the modern club.
    For all I know, what you are saying may well be true - but in forcing their ST holders to attend cup games they are maximising their revenue streams. If they were that desperate to fill their ground for unattractive cup games they could give away tickets free of charge.

and they will use the usual post, not recorded or special delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 11:05
    If people are passive or dopey enough to pay such fees they will continue. I know that it's sometimes unavoidable, however....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 11:09
    Where is the option to avoid it (apart from not having a ST?)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 11:20
    If people are passive or dopey enough to pay such fees they will continue. I know that it's sometimes unavoidable, however....
    on the screen in the ground it says my ticket is £345 thats all they are going to get

I often try to negotiate prices is situations where you wouldn't think it would work - but I am not sure in this case. Is a booking fee applied if the ticket is picked up in person? I would also ask how the amount charged could be justified.

save your £5 by not renewing! Do you think anyone not renewing will get a phone call soon asking why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 11:41
    "Vincent Tan - Business Man"

They also charge £5 to send out your ST by registered post last year - and when I asked if I can personally come to the ground and pick mine up - I was told no - I had to have it posted to me

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 19:14
    They also charge £5 to send out your ST by registered post last year - and when I asked if I can personally come to the ground and pick mine up - I was told no - I had to have it posted to me
    Did you ask why?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderbankk wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 18:39
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 11:41
    I often try to negotiate prices is situations where you wouldn't think it would work - but I am not sure in this case. Is a booking fee applied if the ticket is picked up in person? I would also ask how the amount charged could be justified.
    These charges have been in place long before old Vinny.