+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another small step back in the rebuild process

Another small step back in the rebuild process

Another decent result .

2 defeats in 11 games now and 13 points in the last 7.

If we could build a team around the likes of Marshall,Manga, Fabio, Peltier, Pilkington etc.., with good young players like Ralls , who I thought was excellent today, Adeyemi, Moore, Doyle, Malone, Kennedy, Adayemi, Mason, John and then some experience from Whittingham, Gunnerson, Turner etc... with a few new additions we might develop into a decent side.

Re: Another small step back in the rebuild process

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 18:34
    Another decent result .
    Yes - maybe we could, but I sometimes find Slade's decision making baffling, but then I don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 18:39
    Another decent result .
    The summer could be very interesting

I enjoyed today's match, nothing special, but a good solid performance. I said to my son at half time that we would win two nil. He couldn't see where that was coming from, but I'm pleased that I could.

If we're planning ahead and looking towards next season then hes gotta start playing with Doyle and Revell upfront and look to starting with Ralls in the middle

Fear has to be though Tim that the exodus of those players will continue to be replaced with lesser cheaper options.

Jones Marshall manga Fabio will all probably disappear to get them off the wage bill. Several others could go as well. The Connolly thing is baffling as well.

Time will tell but it could be a tough summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Squashed Grapes wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 18:47
    Fear has to be though Tim that the exodus of those players will continue to be replaced with lesser cheaper options.
    We didn't exactly miss him today

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 18:44
    If we're planning ahead and looking towards next season then hes gotta start playing with Doyle and Revell upfront and look to starting with Ralls in the middle
    With Kennedy replacing Noone, who was dreadful again. And eventually Harris on the other side after suspension.

Morrison must be on a similar wage as Manga. Know who I'd rather keep if one of the big earners must go. Problem is though other clubs will come in for Manga. Morrison on the other hand......

We are building a decent squad, but we shouldn't be too impressed by being a mid-table side getting good results against other mid-table sides - we need brighter performances now too.

Question marks remain over Slade but he deserves proper support from the stands til the end of the year, beyond that...

Do I know you ? , anyway....This ^^^^^^^

This is correct.

I enjoyed this afternoon for lots of reasons . Thought we were far better than a hapless Birmingham . Fabio has changed my opinion of him as a loose cannon, he has been a revelation over the last couple of games. Kenwyne had a fine game as did Ralls . Gunnarson my pet hate didnt do to badly but glad to see him going off.
    You dont have to be challenging for the league to enjoy your football .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 19:29
    I enjoyed this afternoon for lots of reasons . Thought we were far better than a hapless Birmingham . Fabio has changed my opinion of him as a loose cannon, he has been a revelation over the last couple of games. Kenwyne had a fine game as did Ralls . Gunnarson my pet hate didnt do to badly but glad to see him going off.
    The rest did ok or better

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 19:35
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 19:29
    You dont have to be challenging for the league to enjoy your football .
    I agree with your comments re Jones I thought he was Rotten Today. I would like to see Dikacjo play when fit too, Maybe as a minder for Ralls.It will be a big summer though,depends on who we have to get rid of, I assume Jones,Marshall,Le Fondre,Connolly,Maynard will be gone it depends on how many more and who we have to get shot of and of course how much money will be available to bring in players and ultimately who will be the manager,,

Why is n`t Kennedy starting every game?

I thought we played tidly today, no risk football.

They were poor.

Going forward ,and rebuilding we will loose high wage earners like Fabio & Jones as they were signed on excessive contact's.

Quote Originally Posted by ragbone Red wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 20:02
    I thought we played tidly today, no risk football.
    Excessive contact's will ruin football altogether if we're not careful.

Quote Originally Posted by I'll give you the Malky!! wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 19:24
    Do I know you ? , anyway....This ^^^^^^^
    If you keep agreeing with me though then I'll let you be one of my 'special' friends and invite you round to my cave and let you look at my collection of human body hair.

The funniest thing is that some think Doyle and Revell will lead us to a promotion or top 6 spot next season

Quote Originally Posted by Pug wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 20:29
    The funniest thing is that some think Doyle and Revell will lead us to a promotion or top 6 spot next season
    bring me sunshine

Not sure anyone has said that. We have a slight chance at finishing in the top 10 this year, next year we should be aiming to finish in the top 10 with a chance of play-offs...

If Revell and Doyle are good enough to get us into the playoffs, who knows? If we aren't spending large amounts of money on players for a while, then yes I'll be happy with those 2 up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 18:39
    Another decent result .
    As have all our managers

Doyle and Kennedy changed the game, Ralls was fanstastic and Manga and Fabio barely put a foot wrong. I expect 2 or less of those 5 will start the next one after performing so well