+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another small step back in the rebuild process

Re: Another small step back in the rebuild process

Quote Originally Posted by Pug wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 20:29
    The funniest thing is that some think Doyle and Revell will lead us to a promotion or top 6 spot next season

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 20:57
    The funniest thing is that some think Doyle and Revell will lead us to a promotion or top 6 spot next season
    Doyle's take down of a high ball in the centre circle, and the way he took the ball and moved into space on several occasions, show him to be a footballer.
    He was very good today - could be a very good call from Slade...

gives Slade a bit of a headache with quite a few playing so well, how can he drop all of them , thank god for Jones, at least one is pencilled in.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 20:07
    I thought we played tidly today, no risk football.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragbone Red wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 20:02
    They were poor.
    I'm sure you know what I meant , its easy to be clever after the event.

2 the much lauded strikers we had here at the start of the season didn't score much despite their huge wage packets. Thanks to the ridiculous money spent on them we will have to go for cheaper options in future to comply with FFP

Thought the first half was a typical game played by two teams with nothing to play for, in other words dire. Second half on the other hand, we were superb. Kennedy, Doyle and Ralls were excellent. Really enjoyed that second half and left the ground buzzing. I haven't felt this way after a City game in a long time!
    I think we got the makings of a good young team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 21:12
    Who said that ?
    Not earth shattering, but not bad if Slade sorts out the midfield (i.e. uses Ralls, Adeyemi and Kennedy).

Doyle made an impact today and no doubt this will give him a confidence boost. I hope he starts the next game and builds on today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 22:36
    Thought the first half was a typical game played by two teams with nothing to play for, in other words dire. Second half on the other hand, we were superb. Kennedy, Doyle and Ralls were excellent. Really enjoyed that second half and left the ground buzzing. I haven't felt this way after a City game in a long time!
    Agree but as others have said we all just know none of those 3 you mentioned will play next game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonteg Bluebird wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 23:02
    Revell is very underrated, a hard working, mobile target man with decent ability who is worth his weight in gold for any team at our level imo.
    If he's worth that much where's he been at all his career? Why didn't one of the promotion chasers sign him if he's worth that much for ANY team in this division?

Quote Originally Posted by polo wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 23:14
    Revell is very underrated, a hard working, mobile target man with decent ability who is worth his weight in gold for any team at our level imo.
    I judge Revell on what I've seen of him for us this season and Revell has proven to be a much more valuable member of our squad than Jones or Macheda with what he brings to our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonteg Bluebird wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 23:27
    fair play youve always been an idiot but you've surpassed yourself this time even by your standards.

Quote Originally Posted by polo wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 23:34
    You should be banned from the Internet with comments like that.
    Thank you for your constructive response to debate my point.

I've been impressed by Revell and was gutted for him when he got injured today. His work rate is superb. You can see why Rotherham fans were gutted to see him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonteg Bluebird wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 23:37
    Quote Originally Posted by polo wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 23:34
    If he's worth that much where's he been at all his career? Why didn't one of the promotion chasers sign him if he's worth that much for ANY team in this division?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 18:34
    Another decent result .
    For future reference, Doyle is 27, so two years older than the experienced Gunnarsson.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 23:39
    The difference in work ethic between Revell and Jones/Macheda is staggering and fans are starting to realise Revell has a bit of ability too, such as his chip away to Brentford. Revell won't score a glut of goals, but the contribution he makes to our team is massive, similar to what Heidar Helguson gave us when we won the title by 8 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonteg Bluebird wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 23:50
    Helguson was an absolute warrior for us.

That's an insult to Helguson who had far more quality than Revell.

Everyone loves a trier though eh? Jeez.

Whitts a City legend gets booed recently and Revell the headless chicken is a hero. Just about somes our fan base up.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 23:48
    Another decent result .
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 18:34
    2 defeats in 11 games now and 13 points in the last 7.
    We send a squad player, someone we gave a new contract to just a few months ago, out on loan for 7 weeks just to save a few quid.

I know, I have been kind.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 20:57
    Doyle's take down of a high ball in the centre circle, and the way he took the ball and moved into space on several occasions, show him to be a footballer.
    Good footballer who works exceptionally hard. Will watch his progress with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 00:25
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonteg Bluebird wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 23:50
    I don't care where he's been all his career. Where was Steve Morison all his career before he started banging in the goals in the Championship at 28?
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 19:35
    I enjoyed this afternoon for lots of reasons . Thought we were far better than a hapless Birmingham . Fabio has changed my opinion of him as a loose cannon, he has been a revelation over the last couple of games. Kenwyne had a fine game as did Ralls . Gunnarson my pet hate didnt do to badly but glad to see him going off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 19:29
    You dont have to be challenging for the league to enjoy your football .
    He would be in my side every week .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 08:15
    I enjoyed this afternoon for lots of reasons . Thought we were far better than a hapless Birmingham . Fabio has changed my opinion of him as a loose cannon, he has been a revelation over the last couple of games. Kenwyne had a fine game as did Ralls . Gunnarson my pet hate didnt do to badly but glad to see him going off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 19:35
    You dont have to be challenging for the league to enjoy your football .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 19:29
    Did you think Kenwyne did well.
    It's a pity his best performances have been at Norwich, Middlesbrough and Brentford where only a small number will have seen him.