+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Did he notice?

Did he notice?

At half time Ralls move into the centre of midfield and Kennedy came in on the left.From that point on we looked a different team.The energy Ralls brought into that position stood out-Kennedy caused them no end of trouble and Doyle up front looked the part.Hopefully the Garden Gnome with his arms folded took note-we actually had possession above the average and looked dangerous.
    I thought Ralls was excellent-the performance in the second half was as good as I have seen for a while and we could have scored more.Gunnar was not missed.
    Lots of positives in the second half-please Garden Gnome leave Ralls in the middle and let Gunnar warm the bench.

Re: Did he notice?

Didn't you also think Ralls did well 1 St half on the left too.

He made Cotterill look non league

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 19:53
    The true test will be what side he picks for the Reading game in 2 weeks time. What's the bet it's Whitts and Gunnar In the middle with Jones and Revell up front???

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross CCFC wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 19:58
    get

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 20:03
    I thought he did do well on the left but was even more effective in his best position of centre midfield. Would really like to see Adeyami get a go alongside him in the centre. If we are happy enough to let players out on loan as we've got nothing to play for, why don't we experiment and try players that will definitely be here next sesson.
    Malone was playing so far forward in the first half that Ralls was playing more of an inside left position for most of the first 45 mins

I don't think I said he was or he wasn't!!!!What I am saying is he made a huge difference in the centre of midfield.I thought he had an excellent game all round but was more influential in the second half by a country mile.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Sat, 21 March 2015 19:47
    At half time Ralls move into the centre of midfield and Kennedy came in on the left.From that point on we looked a different team.The energy Ralls brought into that position stood out-Kennedy caused them no end of trouble and Doyle up front looked the part.Hopefully the Garden Gnome with his arms folded took note-we actually had possession above the average and looked dangerous.

Agreed - we've seen plenty of evidence that Gunnarsson and Whittingham isn't working in the centre, so move Whittingham out left where he can find some space and hopefully develop an understanding with Malone, and drop Noone who has been utterly dreadful all season.

I am unsure about Slade but credit where it is do. He takes the crap when we get beat its only right he takes the applause when we win.
    No, that's incorrect. The credit goes to Trollope when we win. It's only Slade's fault when we lose.

I thought in the first half, we stroked the ball around nicely but didn't have the cutting edge to create in the final third. Slade addressed this by bringing Kennedy on at half time and like you say, switching Ralls into the centre, giving us the energy and forward thinking style of play we lacked in the first half. Ralls had a very good game but I couldn't really fault the starting line up.

I thought it made sense to have Ralls' and Gunnarsson's energy in the midfield to start off, as this allowed Whittingham and Noone to have a bit more freedom. Once we were on top and realised how ordinary Birmingham were, Slade made the correct decision to bring Kennedy on to open them up and then Adeyemi came on to tighten it up later on, which was another good decision. I couldn't fault Slade to be honest and it was a good performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonteg Bluebird wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 01:57
    I thought in the first half, we stroked the ball around nicely but didn't have the cutting edge to create in the final third. Slade addressed this by bringing Kennedy on at half time and like you say, switching Ralls into the centre, giving us the energy and forward thinking style of play we lacked in the first half. Ralls had a very good game but I couldn't really fault the starting line up.
    We ended up showing too much attacking vibrancy for Birmingham, but only because injuries forced Slade's hand. Before that, we were, despite Ralls' best efforts, our usual plodding selves in the middle of the park in the first half, while Kenwyne took a stroll in the sun for forty five minutes.

I thought he did do well on the left but was even more effective in his best position of centre midfield. Would really like to see Adeyami get a go alongside him in the centre. If we are happy enough to let players out on loan as we've got nothing to play for, why don't we experiment and try players that will definitely be here next sesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonteg Bluebird wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 01:57
    I thought it made sense to have Ralls' and Gunnarsson's energy in the midfield to start off, as this allowed Whittingham and Noone to have a bit more freedom. Once we were on top and realised how ordinary Birmingham were, Slade made the correct decision to bring Kennedy on to open them up and then Adeyemi came on to tighten it up later on, which was another good decision. I couldn't fault Slade to be honest and it was a good performance.