+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fabio five out of ten? Surely some mistake?

Fabio five out of ten? Surely some mistake?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ca rdiff-city-2-0-birmingham-city-8892631

My markings for what they're worth;-

Marshall 6

Fabio 8
    Manga 7
    Morrison 6
    Malone 7

Noone 6
    Gunnarsson 5
    Whittingham 6
    Ralls 8

Jones 5
    Revell 6

Subs
    Doyle 7
    Kennedy 7
    Adeyemi - not on long enough

Re: Fabio five out of ten? Surely some mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 06:04
    I'd agree with these ratings. Thought that Fabio had a really good game and pushed Joe Ralls close for MOTM

I thought Manga was the best player on the pitch. Donaldson is very highly rated and didn't get a sniff. I think we will be lucky if he's still here next season we've had a lot of good centre backs over the years but think he is the best of the lot

Fabio was good as was Kennedy Ralls and Whitts

Doyle did well when he came on.

Fabio,Ralls,Doyle,Kennedy.Manga and Malone can all look back on the game with credit.Ralls MOM for me though because he drove us forward from the start of the second half WITH ENERGY AND AWARENESS and you can but hope it will be the end of the Whitts/Gunnar combination.Fabio ran him close.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 06:04
    Pretty much how I would have rated them, as for Tucker, I won't waste my time even looking

To give Jones a higher score than Fabio is a joke.

Despite my continued criticism of Jones, I think he's shite and offers nothing to the team apart from winning a few headers, Tucker does have a point about him playing deeper. It wasn't saying much but I thought Jones was slighly better in the 2nd half when he was moved further forward. It seems when the tactical genius Slade plays Revell and Jones together, he plays Jones deeper of the 2, probably because of Revell's work rate both offensively and closing down the opposition defenders. In fairness to Jones, this has never been his bag, even when he looked like a half decent player at Sunderland and Stoke. It's like Slade tries to shoehorn him into the team when really he doesn't need to, he could pick Doyle, who would drop deeper and also play on the shoulder of the last defender and link with a target man and then its a choice of out of either Revell or Jones.

Gunnarrson showed again when he was on the pitch that it is him and not Whittingham who is the weak link in central midfield. The man has little technical ability, is slow and adds nothing to the team; even his thrown in's are not what they were.

Ralls should surely be given a run in the centre; just don't know why Slade picked him initially yesterday out wide.

Doyle MOM - he was the match winner. If Slade hadn't got lucky with first Macheda and then Revell getting injured, we would not have seen Doyle.

Looking forward to seeing him play with Mason.

Fabio seems to have 7.6 which is about right. 3rd best City player on the day after Ralls and Manga. Kennedy was also very good.

I thought Fabio just shaded Ralls and Manga as man of the match.Kenwyne gets some stick on here but won a lot of headers that seemed to go nowhere but to me there was signs as the game went on that him and Doyle seemed to be getting some sort of understanding,given a chance together I think Doyle will start to pick up on these headers as their understanding grows.

Was great to see a midfielder gliding past the opposition and opening up the game for the strikers.
    How Ralls isn't playing every week is a question only Turnip head Slade can answer.

What's good about this is that usually it's been about who is the shitest.

I think that they actually played as a team yesterday, putting their bodies on the line and making some great tackles and decent runs.

The subs actually improved the balance for me.