+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City eventually get it right to finish off a fine week.

City eventually get it right to finish off a fine week.

Re: City eventually get it right to finish off a fine week.

Cheers for the report Bob.

Interesting as always, but wasn't it Noone who cut in and passed for Kennedy to set Doyle up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 09:09
    Yes it was- think was maybe ralls who spread the ball out to noone in the first place though. Good move overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 09:12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 09:09
    Interesting as always, but wasn't it Noone who cut in and passed for Kennedy to set Doyle up ?
    MOM for me

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 06:52
    He's tightened City as a unit. We don't have the players to play flowing, attacking football as Brentford & Bournemouth [!] do, but do seem to be creating more chances nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 09:40
    http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 06:52
    I'm not sure that Birmingham have all of a sudden slipped into 'end of season mode'. They're on a fine run of form and would have wanted that to keep going.
    Shouldn't Brum be trying to amass enough points to cover them if they have a deduction due to their administration?

It seemed comfortable from up here on the radio, where I am usually really nervous, but I couldn't really see us losing that one at any point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 10:05
    Cheers Bob,
    How did you stay on ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 10:04
    I'm not sure that Birmingham have all of a sudden slipped into 'end of season mode'. They're on a fine run of form and would have wanted that to keep going.
    I think with all the upheaval earlier in the season Slade's first priority was to make us hard to beat -something which couldn't be said a couple of months ago when we were playing dreadfully and just 4 points of the relegation places.
    Completely forgot about this- surely they have left it too late to do anything now? Points deduction for next season most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 10:04
    I think with all the upheaval earlier in the season Slade's first priority was to make us hard to beat -something which couldn't be said a couple of months ago when we were playing dreadfully and just 4 points of the relegation places.
    You would presume so -however unlikely the possibility..

Gunnarrson showed again when he was on the pitch that it is him and not Whittingham who is the weak link in central midfield. The man has little technical ability, is slow and adds nothing to the team; even his thrown in's are not what they were.

Ralls should surely be given a run in the centre; just don't know why Slade picked him initially yesterday out wide.

Doyle MOM - he was the match winner. If Slade hadn't got lucky with first Macheda and then Revell getting injured, we would not have seen Doyle.

Looking forward to seeing him play with Mason.

Ralls was my MoM and things started to happen with the 2nd half substitutions giving the improved movement and chasing down of Doyle and the tricky Kennedy down the flank.

Apart from the first 20 minutes I was disappointed with the performance of Cotterill. Perhaps I expected too much from the experienced international.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 11:12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynedd Blue wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 10:05
    Cheers Bob,
    So good to have an in depth report unlike the ones we get on Walesonline.
    I thought that might provoke a comment. And it's not even a radio; it's a TV tuned to a radio channel - much more comfy than a bloody radio - and large and flat, so I can stay on.