+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Last ten games

Last ten games

In the corresponding ten games in our championship winning season we gained 18 points, last ten this season we've picked up 16. Are things turning or were those ten games the other season a lean spell in a fantastic season? Our form over the last ten would have seen us gather just over 73 points for the season, not too bad I suppose, reasons for a bit of optimism perhaps.

Re: Last ten games

Stop it we don`t want any of that optimism on here thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by insider wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 14:08
    Stop it we don`t want any of that optimism on here thank you very much!
    Sorry

it's called "The Players on the Beach Syndrome"

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 14:56
    it's called "The Players on the Beach Syndrome"
    What about 'fans on the beach syndrome' - or better still, this can be regarded as a hibernation period - wake me up on April 4th.

Slade doesn't have to worry about such an active transfer window, Trollope has come in to add some much needed nous (Gabbs and Young and babies in their coaching careers), we've played most of the top 10 twice already and there is a lot more supportive atmosphere - the team are showing scrap and we're back in blue.

Unless i'm mistaken we did most of our points gathering at the beginning of the promotion season, didn't we get 10 wins in a row for our opening fixtures or something, our end of season is widely regarded (by many on here) to have been "going out with a whimper".

Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 15:57
    Unless i'm mistaken we did most of our points gathering at the beginning of the promotion season, didn't we get 10 wins in a row for our opening fixtures or something, our end of season is widely regarded (by many on here) to have been "going out with a whimper".
    10 wins in a row I'd love that, 10 home wins it was. Even so if we'd had had this ratio of points all season , we'd have 11 more points now. It definitely is getting better although we should be treating these last few games as a competitive sort of pre season. Blood a few fringe players, give the likes of Doyle, Mason etc a run, see if Dikochai (?) is up to it. Better to find out now if they're up to it while we're safe rather than be in the bottom three after ten games next season because they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 17:28
    Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 15:57
    10 wins in a row I'd love that, 10 home wins it was. Even so if we'd had had this ratio of points all season , we'd have 11 more points now. It definitely is getting better although we should be treating these last few games as a competitive sort of pre season. Blood a few fringe players, give the likes of Doyle, Mason etc a run, see if Dikochai (?) is up to it. Better to find out now if they're up to it while we're safe rather than be in the bottom three after ten games next season because they aren't.
    It has been a while since we have had nothing to play for going into the final couple of months. It is very much a great time to try a few new combinations etc, not wholesale changes as it is important to keep some sort of momentum going into next season.

13 points in last 7. Promotion form 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 17:32
    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker wrote on Sun, 22 March 2015 17:28
    Agreed.
    Exactly, these last few games of the season could be a great help in assessing players in a proper match situation rather than a pre season friendly at Yeovil when we make ten substitutions.