NoPosition Player
    1 GK David Marshall (captain) - probably sold for about £5m
    2 DF Lee Peltier - stay
    3 DF Fábio -don't know, hope he stays, but might go
    4 DF Scott Malone - stay
    5 DF Bruno Ecuele Manga - probably sold for decent fee. £6m
    6 DF Ben Turner - stay, probably, though not certain
    7 MF Peter Whittingham - probably stay
    8 MF Kagisho Dikgacoi - probably go on a free.
    11 MF Craig Noone - sold, for less than £2m
    13 FW Eoin Doyle - stay
    14 FW Federico Macheda - don't know, if he plays well next few games may go for a fee. I know i know, but he scores goals !
    15 FW Conor McAleny (on loan from Everton) - will go back
    17 MF Aron Gunnarsson - I think he'll go for a smallish fee

18 MF Tom Adeyemi -stay
    19 MF Anthony Pilkington - stay... probably
    21 MF Joe Ralls- stay
    22 MF Stuart O'Keefe - stay
    23 FW Nicky Maynard -go
    24 FW Joe Mason -stay
    29 FW Alex Revell -stay
    30 MF Matthew Kennedy -stay
    33 GK Simon Moore -stay
    36 DF Sean Morrison - stay probably
    39 DF Danny Gabbidon -go
    40 MF Kadeem Harris -stay
    DF Semi Ajayi (on loan from Arsenal) -who knows ?

Out on loan[edit]
    Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.

No. Position Player
    9 FW Kenwyne Jones -go
    10 FW Adam Le Fondre -go for a reasonable fee
    12 DF Declan John - stay
    16 DF Matthew Connolly - go, small fee
    22 FW Javi Guerra - go free
    25 DF Kevin McNaughton - go
    26 MF Filip Kiss - go
    28 DF Kevin Theophile-Catherine - go small/medium fee

31 DF Ben Nugent -loan out again / go
    32 GK Joe Lewis - stay
    35 FW Etien Velikonja - go
    41 DF Adedeji Oshilaja -stay
    45 MF Tommy O'Sullivan -stay
    60DF David Tutonda -loan out
    --FW Danny Johnson -stay/loan

What do you think ?

Say the unsure ones stay we'd have

Moore and Lewis as keepers.

Full backs - Fabio, John, malone, Peltier

Centre backs- Turner, Morrison, Oshilaja + one new signing

Midfield -Adeyemi, Pilkington, Ralls, O'Keefe,Whittingham, Harris, O'Sullivan, Kennedy. + one new ?

Strikers -Doyle, Macheda, Revell, Mason, Johnson ? + 1new signing ??

1st team:
    Lewis/Moore
    Peltier Turner Morrison (maybe Oshilaja/new signign) Fabio
    Pilkington Ralls Whittingham/Adeyemi Kennedy
    Doyle Macheda

bench Revell, Mason, Lewis/Moore, centre back, Whitts/Adeyemi, O'Keefe, Malone/John

Doesn't seem to bad for me.

Only a few of the big earners left as well.

Proabably not good enough to go up, but a lot would depend on how Kennedy, Oshilaja,Mason,John, Fabio, Ralls, Doyle (yes I know he's 26), Macheda and the 2 keepers develop with more games at this level.

Re: Our squad

You're bored I take it, Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Sat, 28 March 2015 16:19
    got it in one

Joe Lewis will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree wrote on Sat, 28 March 2015 16:40
    Joe Lewis will be gone.
    If Marshall leaves he could be no. 1

Can cut the wage bill by another big chunk, get £10-£15m in in fees and still have a young and competitive side.

The club could be top of the league winning every major trophy and treating the fans like royalty and all you'd get on here is people complaining that their heated seat makes their champagne too warm.

The ones you have down to go probably won't because they are on contracts for nr t year. So unless they pay them off they'll be here, or maybe out in loan again. Velikonja has a 4 year deal , so he has one year to go, and Kiss too, and he hasn't stared a League game in 3 seasons! I think Lewis us out if contract so he will go as he's in good money I assume, Moore us the cheaper option. I hope Fabio and Macheda go, two more of OGS signings, neither if whom can hold down a regular place in a se ind tier team, and again probably on good wages. I think some will be simply transfer listed at the end of the season to make other clubs aware they are available. The team has a lot if youngsters now like Kennedy, Adeyemi, Ralls, Harris and others , I think they will be hungrier to do well than some f the overpaid senior players.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 wrote on Sat, 28 March 2015 18:28
    The ones you have down to go probably won't because they are on contracts for nr t year. So unless they pay them off they'll be here, or maybe out in loan again. Velikonja has a 4 year deal , so he has one year to go, and Kiss too, and he hasn't stared a League game in 3 seasons! I think Lewis us out if contract so he will go as he's in good money I assume, Moore us the cheaper option. I hope Fabio and Macheda go, two more of OGS signings, neither if whom can hold down a regular place in a se ind tier team, and again probably on good wages. I think some will be simply transfer listed at the end of the season to make other clubs aware they are available. The team has a lot if youngsters now like Kennedy, Adeyemi, Ralls, Harris and others , I think they will be hungrier to do well than some f the overpaid senior players.
    as for Fabio and Macheda, I hope Fabio stays as he's been excellent since he came back in and Macheda has showed a bit more in his last couple of appearances and both are still young (ish)

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sat, 28 March 2015 17:08
    Also, Tony I was seeing if it really was the disaster that soem posters seem to think it is and to me if we can keep the ones I've identified on there it's not so bad.
    The only consistent is US the FANS

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Sat, 28 March 2015 19:10
    Also, Tony I was seeing if it really was the disaster that soem posters seem to think it is and to me if we can keep the ones I've identified on there it's not so bad.
    Can cut the wage bill by another big chunk, get £10-£15m in in fees and still have a young and competitive side.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sat, 28 March 2015 19:11
    Tim, been watching the game, but here goes (have not read all you've said but got the drift)

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn wrote on Sat, 28 March 2015 20:27
    Tim, been watching the game, but here goes (have not read all you've said but got the drift)
    We are fans, we support Cardiff City through thick & thin, being owners/players/colours/what****ingever.
    About £5million for marshall? No way anyone will offer that much,

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sat, 28 March 2015 20:51
    We are fans, we support Cardiff City through thick & thin, being owners/players/colours/what****ingever.
    Owners come, owners go, players come, players go, COLOURS have come and colours HAVE GONE.
    If not then he could well stay.

Given Gunnar has played in most games and captained the side a couple of times doubt he'll go.

Dikachoi won't go, surely he has another year on his contract and we'll want to get some football out of him, if he's on a big wage, given his recent injury not likely to find him a home willing to cover wages.

Noone signed a contract extension under Slade didn't he?

Doubt he'll go, the Norwich loan situation was probably more about the wage bill.

I hope we try to hang on to Marshall and Manga but there will undoubtedly be decent interest in both.

Of course they will.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow wrote on Sun, 29 March 2015 11:48
    Of course they will.
    Owners come, owners go, players come, players go, COLOURS have come and colours HAVE GONE.

I think it's much more likely that Marshall stays than he goes and we get 5 million.

Every player at the Club has his price.

As proven with Connolly & Jones, any Club making an offer for a player, appears to be given the go ahead to do so.

Other than Marshall & Manga, ANY offer, be it free (to free up the wages) or a nominal fee, and they will be gone.

The only hope we have next season is that the players who remain are up for a fight. That won't happen with Mr Inspirational in charge of team affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty P wrote on Sat, 28 March 2015 21:28
    Given Gunnar has played in most games and captained the side a couple of times doubt he'll go.
    Dikgachoi was ore of a long shot, the club might want to move on due to his wages and the player may also feel he and the club have missed out. Again there was interest in him before and he's a decent player so he could well go.