+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So, are they going to do it this time?

So, are they going to do it this time?

Re: So, are they going to do it this time?

We should make it this time. That said, at the back of my mind I keep thinking back to the Euro 2004 campaign when we won our first 4 matches and still failed to qualify.

The difference this time is that the qualifying criteria is much more generous as there are far more places up for grabs.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Every international game presents its own challenges and it's very unlikely that we finish the campaign unbeaten - how are we as a team, fans and media going to react to that? - but, one game at a time, there is no reason that we can't do something special.

I think the Belgium game is going to be a different sort of challenge. Will the packed stadium want us to really go for it which will open us up too much or will they be happy with a point? We don't seem to fair too badly against them away from home when 0-0 is a good result but we got tonked at home last time, we need everyone to be a little bit sensible about it all.

I'd take a nil nil draw at home against Belgium. They are a quality outfit.

I am concerned about certain players keeping themselves fit for the Belgium game, as it is after our domestic season has finished.

Got no probs with the likes of Bale & rambo, but will the lower league players let themselves down with fitness.

Strange time to have a game if you ask me.

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sun, 29 March 2015 10:22
    Every international game presents its own challenges and it's very unlikely that we finish the campaign unbeaten - how are we as a team, fans and media going to react to that? - but, one game at a time, there is no reason that we can't do something special.
    0-2 with 10 men for the most part is hardly tonked.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich wrote on Sun, 29 March 2015 10:49
    I think the Belgium game is going to be a different sort of challenge. Will the packed stadium want us to really go for it which will open us up too much or will they be happy with a point? We don't seem to fair too badly against them away from home when 0-0 is a good result but we got tonked at home last time, we need everyone to be a little bit sensible about it all.
    It was 0-2 when they had 11 on the pitch.

I can still see Bodes pen miss in 93, a trip to USA 94 was within our finger tips

it didnt happen

this time, we have Bale, lets not kid ourseves we are very close to being a one man team, he stays fit, we will do well, he is that good ( no disrespect to Rambo or any of the others )

this team reminds me of the 93 team, they seem to be a team, they have bonded and are a team

will we do it ? ? ?

Coleman has said we need 20 points to qaulify ( or we will be unlucky ) lets go for more, lets start of with 3 against Belgium

lets be honest though, we can fook it up very easy, we have in the past

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Sun, 29 March 2015 10:41
    I am concerned about certain players keeping themselves fit for the Belgium game, as it is after our domestic season has finished.
    With the good team spirit that seems to have developed within the group of players, which Coleman deserves credit for helping to create, then I would hope no players would let themselves down for fear of letting their teammates down.

of that night at the arms parks, it didnt really matter in the end, as some poor guy lost his life

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Sun, 29 March 2015 11:21
    I can still see Bodes pen miss in 93, a trip to USA 94 was within our finger tips
    Please not this time.

We are a well organised team, playing with confidence and have
    Bale as the standout performer but people shouldn't underestimate the contributions of players like Ramsey and Allen.this is a great opportunity BUT past experiences have taught me not to expect anything until we have played all our games !

Personally I think we need maximum points from Cyprus,Israel and Andorra games which will put us on 20 points with anything against Belgium home and Serbia away being a bonus.

Belgium look like they are starting to get into gear and another win Tuesday will see them top on GD.

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Sun, 29 March 2015 11:07
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19412708

My predictor sees us finish second on 18 points.

Having been quite pessimistic in the predictions, refusing to give us too much credit. Realistically qualification from here should be a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie wrote on Sun, 29 March 2015 11:28
    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Sun, 29 March 2015 11:21
    it didnt happen
    I'd say the Bosnia away game will be the one. You know there will be 3 guaranteed points at home to Andorra, it will be something like we have to not lose in Bosnia....

Not sure if serious. Two up away from home bossing the game. Why would we go he'll for leather risking injury

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel's horn wrote on Sun, 29 March 2015 15:18
    Oops.