+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fairy story

Re: fairy story

Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 11:39
    Interestingly a great many ancient cultures have a great flood fable, not just this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 11:22
    I read an article I think in new scientist that said that at one point Africa and Europe were connected at Gibraltar, and the Mediterranean was all land, but that it flooded at some point in human history.
    Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 09:28
    Now that would have been a spectacular flood.
    But the earth is only 6,000 years old?

Quote Originally Posted by Riled Taff wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 11:46
    Interestingly a great many ancient cultures have a great flood fable, not just this one.
    I read an article I think in new scientist that said that at one point Africa and Europe were connected at Gibraltar, and the Mediterranean was all land, but that it flooded at some point in human history.
    The Sumerian flood story is one of the oldest known of any flood story in the world, as they are one of the earliest civilizations on earth (according to mainstream archeology) you have to wonder how they had myths passed down to them?
    Wait, what? Then I've got it completely wrong.

The Sumerian flood story is one of the oldest known of any flood story in the world, as they are one of the earliest civilizations on earth (according to mainstream archeology) you have to wonder how they had myths passed down to them?
    Noah was a sprightly 600 years old when the flood came and died at 950 years old and people believe this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by packerman wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 11:54
    With new ground-penetrating radar they are finding new things that change our timeline all the time, they have recently found a buried pyramid in Bolivia, it will be interesting to see what they dig up.
    Although if they based their ages on lunar instead of solar cycles I guess it'd make more sense. Well the age, not the animals in a big boat part.

Blog Entries

Gobekli Tepe is older than that.

Probably a pyramid

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 12:06
    No shit? I meant as in clay tablets or records, as it's under ground it's less likely to have been looted recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 12:00
    With new ground-penetrating radar they are finding new things that change our timeline all the time, they have recently found a buried pyramid in Bolivia, it will be interesting to see what they dig up.
    Didn't he used to play for City?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 12:37
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/1150416 6/Anglo-Saxon-cow-bile-and-garlic-potion-kills-MRSA.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 12:45
    http://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/bolivia -detects-buried-pyramid-at.html#.VRpwd_nXpdh
    I bet there is some great stuff out there under the sea too.
    You won't get the patients to eat it though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 12:47
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 12:45
    http://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/bolivia -detects-buried-pyramid-at.html#.VRpwd_nXpdh
    Actually I got my flood stories mixed up. The refilling of the Mediterranean last happened 5.3 million years ago so it predates modern humans. The one I was thinking of was the med emptying into another sea.
    This does not make sense now you've edited your post.

Quote Originally Posted by [u
    Mrs Steve R wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 12:17] Interestingly a great many ancient cultures have a great flood fable, not just this one.
    Or was there ????

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 12:58
    Mrs Steve R wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 12:17] I read an article I think in new scientist that said that at one point Africa and Europe were connected at Gibraltar, and the Mediterranean was all land, but that it flooded at some point in human history.
    I'm sure Erich von Deniken would argue that there were.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 12:58
    Mrs Steve R wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 12:17] I read an article I think in new scientist that said that at one point Africa and Europe were connected at Gibraltar, and the Mediterranean was all land, but that it flooded at some point in human history.
    And how could they recharge their tablets?

I never cease to be amazed by how many atheists spend so much time discussing something they don't believe in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calonlan wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 13:02
    Mrs Steve R wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 12:17] Now that would have been a spectacular flood.
    http://www.richardcassaro.com/suppressed-by-scholars-twin-an cient-cultures-on-opposite-sides-of-the-pacific

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 13:37
    Mrs Steve R wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 12:17] The Sumerian flood story is one of the oldest known of any flood story in the world, as they are one of the earliest civilizations on earth (according to mainstream archeology) you have to wonder how they had myths passed down to them?
    jesus christ i only wanted to know if its worth watching

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by poc wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 13:45
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 13:37
    Mrs Steve R wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 12:17] With new ground-penetrating radar they are finding new things that change our timeline all the time, they have recently found a buried pyramid in Bolivia, it will be interesting to see what they dig up.
    Probably a pyramid
    Sorry, I'm very interested in this topic, if you didn't guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 13:35
    I never cease to be amazed by how many atheists spend so much time discussing something they don't believe in.
    It's a bit like Conservative voters talking about Labour policy and Cardiff fans posting messages about Swansea. Quite easy to understand really.

Well I certainly believe in television

I can't believe how many non-militant Jihadists can spend so much time discussing...

[quote title=calonlan wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 14:49][quote title=TH63 wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 13:35]I never cease to be amazed by how many atheists spend so much time discussing something they don't believe in.[/quote]

I can't believe how many non-militant Jihadists can spend so much time discussing...[/quote

Inshallah.

Probably.

Innit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 13:55
    It's a bit like Conservative voters talking about Labour policy and Cardiff fans posting messages about Swansea. Quite easy to understand really.
    C. As soon as its finished, immediately dive onto a football message board to mock the people who don't think it's nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Wed, 01 April 2015 00:15
    Not at all. Labour economic policy, while being the stuff of fantasy, is very relevant to conservative voters if Millibandogets elected.
    That's called critical thinking. You read or watch something, formulate an opinion and then discuss it. That has happened since Plato's Academy and Aristotle's Lyceum (and, obviously, since long before).

Quote Originally Posted by calonlan wrote on Wed, 01 April 2015 00:22
    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Wed, 01 April 2015 00:15
    Not at all. Labour economic policy, while being the stuff of fantasy, is very relevant to conservative voters if Millibandogets elected.
    A better analogy would be for me to:
    To my mind, some people either lead extremely dull and uninteresting lives wasting time discussing things they think are rubbish OR were abused by a nun or something.