+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Reading Fan Chat Reading v Cardiff

Reading Fan Chat Reading v Cardiff

Championship - Saturday, 4th April, 2015 Kick-off 3.00 pm

As always, friendly greetings from daib0, some of you know me a bit by now, but OK I know you know Pearcey far better! Onto our game together on Saturday they're raining in now at the end of season run-in - and I wondered if I could get a bit of chat going once again.

So, back on track, I'd like to ask you three easy-ish things:

A] Is this season for you losing a bit of interest I innocently ask? You're sort of in no-man's land, still that's a bit better than the Royals who are still looking nervously over our shoulders in case we blow up and Wigan and Millwall creep up ... What's the best you think you'll do come a month and a bit?

B] How has the winter transfer window treated you, do you think you are stronger as a result? And 'Alfie' Le Fondre ..? Any signs how your squad will shape up next season?

C] Reading have certainly tightened up at the back now with Steve Clarke at the helm, but as I previously said are simply not cutting it in front of goal. Cardiff are not actually on bad form at all, OK an occasionally loss but points are mounting up. Taking all into account, how do you see our game going?

As always, I promise that any snippets used will be credited by reference to your forum, and the individual member name (chance of Thames Valley fame!). And guaranteed absolutely no 'wind ups' on our forum, to the contrary, our highest respect.

daib0, and the team on 'Royals Rendezvous'

Re: Reading Fan Chat Reading v Cardiff

Away fans ... at Reading

If you're thinking of going yourself then it's ALL here!!

The RR Guide for Away fans - Detailed info on Travel and Drinks/Food - http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/9220871/1

Gets thousands of viewings, we put it up for the honest away fan and recently revised/updated, not just for ourselves!

daib0

Enjoy the day out lads !

A] A few weeks ago it was posted that, under Slade, we beat the lower sides, draw with those around us and lose to the top teams. Happily, we now have a fairly easy run in so unless the previous good week causes our fortunes to flip then we should be looking to gather points in every game bar Ipswich. Top 10 might be a bit of a push but top half is doable.

Yes, the season is fizzling out for us, must be the first season since 2000 that we have not had promotion, cup finals, relegation to worry about! Consequently we have lost thousands of fair weather fans since Xmas.
    The money belt has been tightened and we are now shopping at Poundland, not Harrods! Managers quote.
    After a sticky spell we have won our last 3 aways, without playing well, perhaps our best performance all season was last Sat at home v Brum.
    We will finish somewhere between 10 and 15, Noone really cares now. Its all about putting down foundations for next season, with a manager not many are that convinced about.
    Saturdays game will be close, perhaps a Draw.
    Good luck in the cup and no doubt we will meet next year in the Championship. Blackpool, Millwall and Wigan are awful sides with Rotherham not far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vincent Tan wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 19:11
    Yes, the season is fizzling out for us, must be the first season since 2000 that we have not had promotion, cup finals, relegation to worry about! Consequently we have lost thousands of fair weather fans since Xmas.

Noticed that Pearcey sneaked back in the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh wrote on Tue, 31 March 2015 20:39
    The money belt has been tightened and we are now shopping at Poundland, not Harrods! Managers quote.
    Lol

Many thanks indeed, good honest post