+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kenwyne surprised by loan move

Kenwyne surprised by loan move

http:// www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-c ity-striker-kenwyne-jones-8958312

I thought it was a decent bit of business, although I can't say Ive ever seen a club loan out 3 1st team players to clubs in the same division and sell one to a lower league club. This is stark contrast to spending over £10m in the summer on players.

Just another bizarre season under the ownership of Vincent Tan.

Re: Kenwyne surprised by loan move

"The 13-goal striker"
    After 39 games.
    On premiership wages.
    Yeah, totally gobsmacked at that move

Clearly a fire sale and a mad dash to reduce costs as fast as possible. Interesting what he says about Eddie Howe.

Next season we will see a complete Russell Slade team and that will be the time to judge?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonblue wrote on Wed, 01 April 2015 08:40
    Clearly a fire sale and a mad dash to reduce costs as fast as possible. Interesting what he says about Eddie Howe.
    I'm loosing the will to get a ST now

I was surprised that it was Bournemouth but not surprised by the loan. Kenwyne hasn't scored in two months now and, although he pretty much saved us game after game earlier on, that's really not enough for a premier league striker - whichever carrot thought that.

FFP. Nothing wrong with shipping out poor value for money if there are takers. You've got to think that next seasons side stands a much better chance than we did this year. Slade has started to build a side that wants success in this division.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Countisbury wrote on Wed, 01 April 2015 09:38
    Next season we will see a complete Russell Slade team and that will be the time to judge?
    Win or loose, I'll be their.

Bang goes Bournemouth free flowing attacking football played on the deck . I really find it hard to imagine why such a good footballing team would ever even consider .taking kenwynne get is shite.

The above comments will come back to haunt you.

We have nothing to play for so saving a potential quarter of a million on 1 players wages between now and the end of the season seems wise to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick the Miller wrote on Wed, 01 April 2015 10:40
    The above comments will come back to haunt you.
    Why? We're not playing them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheers wrote on Wed, 01 April 2015 10:24
    You'll be their what?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk wrote on Wed, 01 April 2015 11:04
    Loose woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie wrote on Wed, 01 April 2015 11:06
    You'll be their what?
    I will indeed be their loose woman. Unless we draw. Then someone else must be their loose woman.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Wed, 01 April 2015 08:36
    "The 13-goal striker"

There is a much longer - and very interesting - version of the interview in the (Bournemouth?) Dail Echo below:

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/cherries/clubnews/128 64650._/?

Including:

Do you think you have played your last game for Cardiff?

"I don't know. I absolutely don't know. Whatever the thought process behind all of this is, it's not down to me. In a couple of months or about three months, you'll probably find out what's the next step and, hopefully, it's a step in the right direction, whichever direction it is."

What explanation were you given as to why Cardiff were letting you go?

"It's a funny situation. We've been dealing with a funny situation all season. Basically, I was just told I was going, more or less. I didn't really have a say in the matter. I think it was already done before I got the phone call so I'm here."

Do you feel let down by Cardiff at all?

"I'm sorry, I don't carry those feelings around with me. Football, we know, is a business. It's a short career and you have to make the best of it. Things like this happen, sometimes every year for people. So, at this present time, I've been with Cardiff for one year and now I'm here until the end of the season. Where I am in a couple of months, whether it be here or abroad, who knows? That's the life of a football player so I'm just looking at the moment for now."

Nathan Blake said he felt you were misused at Cardiff. Would you go along with that?

"Well, I think he probably has his opinion of what was needed for Cardiff. Cardiff went through a situation this year that has been very topsy-turvy from the beginning of the season until now. We have lost managers, changed managers, lost managers, changed managers and then you have the uprooting of players, some who you thought were fixtures. They left, for whatever reason, and the team has been unstable all season. So, for what Cardiff is going to be, you are going to see that properly next season. Well, hopefully."

Also:

Do you feel you fit in with Bournemouth's style of play?

"To be really honest, I think my style of play is mistaken. For the teams that I've played in, of course, they adopted the more direct situation, based on ability. But away from here with my national team, I don't play that style of football so there are quite a few coaches and managers that know that about me. I don't think the manager here didn't know that before he enquired about me so, hopefully, I will fit in well and be able to lend some experience and, of course, get them promoted."

He'll be there number 1 fan!

"It's a funny situation. We've been dealing with a funny situation all season."

I reckon the club has dealing with a 'funny situation' for the last three seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 wrote on Wed, 01 April 2015 13:41
    There is a much longer - and very interesting - version of the interview in the (Bournemouth?) Dail Echo below:
    Thinly veiled 'I'm looking for a move to the MLS' interview imo

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Wed, 01 April 2015 08:36
    "The 13-goal striker"
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross CCFC wrote on Wed, 01 April 2015 08:15
    Its only bizarre because of the bizarre bloody wages they are on, balanced against their output in performance, no brainier for me, and good business, we are unique and naive to set up these contracts in the first place , by the way not Slade's doing.