+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The 'debate', a brave Farage, and zero hours.

The 'debate', a brave Farage, and zero hours.

Firstly i think that Cameron made a big error in allowing 6/7 of airtime to be given to political opponents - he should have just fought it out with Miliband and got 50% airtime. Last night was an unsuprising attack on him - he should have thought it through.

Farage is probably the bravest politician in the country - he says what people think. He is right to say that NHS tourism is draining. If people are coming from abroad with HIV and getting thousands of pounds of treatment its because its not available where they come from. Its sad, its awful but they have their own countrys and i actually do begrudge paying for their care if its at Welsh peoples expense. We have to have our own house in order - thats basic economics.

We should stop the aid package, not forever, but maybe for an agreed period just to get our own country straight. I agree its vital to support others, but not when its financially untenable and we borrow money to do it.

Stop aid, stop tourism and have a freeze on inward migration except for recognised VITAL roles like doctors and nurses.

Do it for three years - the world wont end.

Leanne Wood attacking Farage with faux outrage was pathetic, the man is right, we cant simply allow people into a country that doesnt have enough houses for the people already here. Look around your town and imagine 30000 extra people arriving tonight that dont even speak the language.

It takes guts to speak honest truths and he was the only one who did. As he pointed out, it was only because UKIP got votes that the other parties even began to recognise immigration as an issue.

ZERO HOURS - Labour did not oppose it thats the first fact.
    ZERO HOURS - Its wrong, and i oppose it, thats the second.
    ZERO HOURS - If it has had a measurable positive impact on business and the economy then as long as it is phased out (over a year or so) as the economy grows then i suppose its a necessary evil.
    ZERO HOURS - Labour MPs are benefitting financially from it, 70 of them. When Cameron brought that up Miliband looked like he might faint.

Labour are certainly facked in Scotland, and its Wales that are propping this failing idea up - good job we are doing so well eh!

Re: The 'debate', a brave Farage, and zero hours.

You've made my morning slightly more annoying than it already was with that pile of shite.

I don't know where to start...

Richyrich

Norway??? Are you a migrant?

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Fri, 03 April 2015 08:52
    Firstly i think that Cameron made a big error in allowing 6/7 of airtime to be given to political opponents - he should have just fought it out with Miliband and got 50% airtime. Last night was an unsuprising attack on him - he should have thought it through.
    I agree with most of that

Totally agree with you Penguin. If the British Public are stupid enough to give the ever rotating door that is Labour and Conservative their vote yet again then they deserve to be deceived, ripped off and should have no excuse to moan.

The other parties only attack Farage because they see him as a serious threat to their gravy train. He's the only one who tells us the truth even if it's not nice to hear.

When are the British public going to wake up to the fact that everything is set up so that the rich establishment can have lots of money and power and so that they can get away with abuse of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcazzurri wrote on Fri, 03 April 2015 09:07
    Totally agree with you Penguin. If the British Public are stupid enough to give the ever rotating door that is Labour and Conservative their vote yet again then they deserve to be deceived, ripped off and should have no excuse to moan.
    Are you seriously suggesting that Farage isn't part of the "rich British establishment"???

When are the British public going to wake up to the fact that everything is set up so that the rich establishment can have lots of money and power and so that they can get away with abuse of the system.
    He didn't say that though. He said everything is set up so some brown people with HIV get free care/drugs. He wouldn't blame the establishment because he is part of it. He blames the most easily blamed for our problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich wrote on Fri, 03 April 2015 09:00

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.15 wrote on Fri, 03 April 2015 08:58
    You've made my morning slightly more annoying than it already was with that pile of shite.
    Its not me who 'forecast' 30000 per annum net migration, its Ed.

I agree with the original post although in Wales the population will inevitably continue to support Labour despite the fact they have enabled Wales to be one of the poorest regions in the EU. Where were the Labour government when they were in power? The Barnet formula favoured Scotland probably because the then Labour government wanted to retain/strenghten their position in Scotland. Wales was neglected because they knew they could rely on their support in the ballot box. I still don't get why the people of Wales support the Labour Party that has let them down so badly.

But on a lighter note I thought Nicola Sturgeon (who performed well) looked like Jimmy Krankie and Leanne Wood (who did better than I thought) sounded like a character out of Gavin and Stacey.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich wrote on Fri, 03 April 2015 09:00
    \yep. Penguin's gone from the Antarctic to Norway.

So 30000 people are going to turn up in one town

Do you think that the GB government should contribute to the aid required following the cyclone in Vanuatu or would you prefer the destitute people there to come here?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Fri, 03 April 2015 09:21
    Farage is probably the bravest politician in the country - he says what people think. He is right to say that NHS tourism is draining. If people are coming from abroad with HIV and getting thousands of pounds of treatment its because its not available where they come from. Its sad, its awful but they have their own countrys and i actually do begrudge paying for their care if its at Welsh peoples expense. We have to have our own house in order - thats basic economics.
    I tell you what, let me borrow 100 quid off you and i will give them the money myself. does that sound daft? that is exactly what we do

Nigel Farage did make a fair point regarding the scots being favoured vis a vis the barnett formula. And it is a historical injustice that continues to this day because Welsh people have nowhere to turn. Tory is a no go and Labour is just the same old shite.

Summed up in a little cartoon .. Mouseland

Penguin you are again talking out of your fascist arse.
    The Labour MPs merely hired staff to help with events they were running. These are not Zero Hour contracts favoured by the company bosses who signed the letter written by the torys this week.
    You know that full well but if you prefer to lie it is on what conscience you have.
    I doubt though you have very little conscience and are a sad apology for a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick the Miller wrote on Fri, 03 April 2015 09:39
    Penguin you are again talking out of your fascist arse.
    No wonder Wales is the most desperately poor country in the UK.

It took me guts to say that

Farage is probably the bravest politician in the country - he says what people think.
    A very brief scan of the history of the 20th century will tell you where his polices come from and where they will lead if allowed to go unchallenged.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird wrote on Fri, 03 April 2015 09:45
    youre one of them clearly

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Fri, 03 April 2015 09:46
    Farage is probably the bravest politician in the country - he says what people think.
    No, he says what some people think.
    Congestion on the M4: caused by immigrants

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Fri, 03 April 2015 09:51
    Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Fri, 03 April 2015 09:46
    No, he says what some people think.
    Fortunately some of us know that immigrants are not responsible for every single problem this country has.

Cameron coming in for a lot of unwarranted stick for refusing to debate head to head with Milliband and insisting on the other party's being involved, he no doubt feels more comfortable, as 7 people together in a room throws up a distinct mathematical possibility that one of his old tory grandees sexually abused one of them.