+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If we do have any ambition...

If we do have any ambition...

WE should sign, or try to:

Kevin Nolan
    Charlie Adam
    or even...
    no, he's a step too far.

These are at, or nearing, the end of their Premier League careers.

Either of them would give us drive and experience in midfield, which we desperately need.

Slade still thinks Whittingham can do the job.

Re: If we do have any ambition...

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 20:20
    Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 20:20
    I'd maybe try to sign one of those two at a pinch, but, in general, I've had enough of big name players who we pay far too much and I'm fairly sure Vincent Tan has as well. I'd be happier seeing us sign someone like McAleny if Everton were prepared to let him go and look at midfield players the promoted sides might be willing to sell - I'd also be very interested if Spurs were thinking of letting Pritchard go out on loan again.

The club has no 'ambition' currently. IMO.

Pretty sure that Tans aim is to tread water, no risks, while cutting costs.
    If shoestring squad just happened to gel so well that we challenged for the top six next season, all well and good , but that is more about good fortune / hope than ambition.

Club is surely setting anchor in slack water and waiting now I believe.

Kenwynnes 'unreported' negative comments , as posted by Jon Candy, seem to back this up too.

What is frustrating me is that the answer may well be right under our noses in the form of Joe Ralls. The ideal chance to try him out is there now. Yet Slade is persisting with the duo who's limitations are really well known.
    Why not find out if Ralls, Kennedy etc are up for it and give then the last 6 games to make an impression

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 05 April 2015 09:36
    What is frustrating me is that the answer may well be right under our noses in the form of Joe Ralls. The ideal chance to try him out is there now. Yet Slade is persisting with the duo who's limitations are really well known.
    That's the biggest concern for me next season is that Slade can't see what everyone else can and I don't know how we will progress if we stick with the same 2 in the centre of midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross CCFC wrote on Sun, 05 April 2015 09:46
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 05 April 2015 09:36
    Why not find out if Ralls, Kennedy etc are up for it and give then the last 6 games to make an impression
    Also by trying players with something to prove it will prevent the season tapering off as there will be something for them to play for and something of interest for fans to see