+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are there any non-rip-off tickets exchange sites for small gigs?

Are there any non-rip-off tickets exchange sites for small gigs?

I have missed out on tickets for a gig by a favourite musician of mine who is not as famous as he once was, the upside being that there was never a clamour for tickets at his gigs in recent years.
    I don't know whether it's because the venue is small or whether there has been a surge of good taste in the Exeter area but I am seething that I have missed out.
    I just managed to purchase a ticket for the guy's gig in Salisbury (a much longer trip for me) but I wondered if there are any websites where genuine music fans advertise tickets at face value if they cannot attend what are small gigs, as it were.
    I have sent begging emails to the guy's management company so I really have no shame.

Re: Are there any non-rip-off tickets exchange sites for small gigs?

Just out of curiosity who is the artist?

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds over....... wrote on Wed, 08 April 2015 18:29
    Cliff Richard.

Get in touch with the venue see if you can put your name down for any returns.

You can check twitter.

The artist's surname doesn't rhyme with Twitter I hope...

Come on Taunton who is it?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Wed, 08 April 2015 18:34
    You can check twitter.
    Not unless he's playing Exeter prison, Johnny Cash style

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Wed, 08 April 2015 18:33
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds over....... wrote on Wed, 08 April 2015 18:29
    Cliff Richard.
    Jesus Christ! A post of mine that Mike hasn't deleted! This is some rare shit.

Come on Taunton is it really Cliff?

Quote Originally Posted by HP Source wrote on Wed, 08 April 2015 18:33
    Get in touch with the venue see if you can put your name down for any returns.
    Apparently, the list is very long already!

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds over....... wrote on Wed, 08 April 2015 19:27
    Come on Taunton is it really Cliff?
    It's Robin Trower

Just pop along to the gig, you might get lucky and get a ticket outside. Iron Maiden were playing Newport Centre years ago and it was a complete sell out. I went to the gig, walked up and down the line asking if anyone had a spare ticket and I was offered one for face value, and he wouldn't take any extra off me.

Quote Originally Posted by Banc Blue wrote on Wed, 08 April 2015 22:32
    Just pop along to the gig, you might get lucky and get a ticket outside. Iron Maiden were playing Newport Centre years ago and it was a complete sell out. I went to the gig, walked up and down the line asking if anyone had a spare ticket and I was offered one for face value, and he wouldn't take any extra off me.
    That was my plan although it's not exactly on my doorstep.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Wed, 08 April 2015 22:34
    Better to go and not get a ticket, than not go and wonder if you would have got a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Banc Blue wrote on Thu, 09 April 2015 06:09
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Wed, 08 April 2015 22:34
    Better to go and not get a ticket, than not go and wonder if you would have got a ticket.
    I managed to get a ticket to another venue the following day and which will be a round trip of around three and a half hours (as opposed to an hour and fifteen minutes) so it could be worse