+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Gwyn's View

Big Gwyn's View

Thought some of you would find it interesting.

Re: Big Gwyn's View

Is Gwyn a wanker, can someone prove differently?

Maybe he is, but you got to agree with this statement

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor wrote on Mon, 13 April 2015 21:35
    Maybe he is, but you got to agree with this statement
    Does it sound like he has an agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar Lothbrok wrote on Mon, 13 April 2015 20:59
    Taken from his Facebook.
    I am afraid Gwyn has a track record of deliberately twisting what the Trust or anyone else who disagrees with him says.

Trust only represents around 300 households, 74 towns and 13 postcode areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar Lothbrok wrote on Mon, 13 April 2015 20:59
    Taken from his Facebook.
    Are his opinions 'special'? To whom?

"who represent incidently around less than 300 households in the world"

Laughed my cock off at this bit. Talk about using dumbed down semantics to try and prove a point

Don't know why Gwyn doesn't share his insights on here any more.

The Trust did ask to know what the clubs plans were and I'm not sure I agree with that, they did so in the context of fans representation which I do agree with.

Gwyn? When he said we should show the rebrand and Tan some love how many households was he representing? When he said we should only return to blue under these conditions how many households was he representing? The man rivals Simon Lim as the biggest joke of recent times.

Gwyn doesn't even go to games anymore. He's boycotting until we change from blue to pink pyjamas with feather boas. Now there's a man with principles.

The Trust represents 300 households, Gwyn represents 1. Three hundred for one against. Hoist by his own petard.

One thing you can say about him is he's cheap. Allegedly, it only takes an ice cream to buy his loyalty.

I see everyones refusing to ask the hard questions :

Was he drinking a cup of coffee ?
    Has he 'jumped the fence' yet ?

tosser

Cook pass bavies

Man who claims to represent no-one asks why the Trust's Committee Member won't buy a season ticket whilst at the same time he is questioning why the club is putting players out on loan and if it will continue?

So why not answer that question? Or is it easier to duck it by saying "who does Gwyn think he is blah blah.....

I loved the bit that said
    "Cardiff City has to become a club where everyone is pulling together" I sort of assumed that meant Trust Committee members not abandoning ship at the first hurdle especially when the Trust are calling for the club to be sustainable - and survive on crowds of less than 10,000 next season-
    Then there was:-
    "and fans need to have hope that things will get better sooner rather than later."
    So we need things to get better soon - whilst weakening the team to meet the Trust's great idea of being sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by sidhooper7 wrote on Mon, 13 April 2015 23:49
    Man who claims to represent no-one asks why the Trust's Committee Member won't buy a season ticket whilst at the same time he is questioning why the club is putting players out on loan and if it will continue?
    Things can get better on a smaller budget, but you do need a plan for that to happen.

Yep - Bournemouth lost £15 million in their last financial results and more losses the year before and I gather from press reports bigger losses this year - but they are backed by a billionaire - bet they wish they were breaking even in Division 4 too.

Quote Originally Posted by sidhooper7 wrote on Tue, 14 April 2015 01:02
    Yep - Bournemouth lost £15 million in their last financial results and more losses the year before and I gather from press reports bigger losses this year - but they are backed by a billionaire - bet they wish they were breaking even in Division 4 too.
    We've made huge losses, built a new stadium and had a season in the top flight. What's your point? Financial fair play says we can't continue doing this forever. In our biggest rebuilding season in my lifetime we are mid table in the 2nd tier, which is a pretty good level. The owner is doing the right things now and for the first time since the Brighton red game I agree with the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathaze Blue wrote on Mon, 13 April 2015 22:05
    "who represent incidently around less than 300 households in the world"
    Gwyn has always had a bee in his bonnet about this and, speaking as one of only two City fans I think it is who has access to the database which would give such information (the other one certainly isn't Gwyn!), I'm at a loss to understand how he knows how many "households" are represented in the Trust. I think I did once give him a figure on this, but that must have been three or four years ago now and I've not got the inclination to go through a fairly lengthy process again just to prove him right or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian1992 wrote on Tue, 14 April 2015 03:29
    We've made huge losses, built a new stadium and had a season in the top flight. What's your point? Financial fair play says we can't continue doing this forever. In our biggest rebuilding season in my lifetime we are mid table in the 2nd tier, which is a pretty good level. The owner is doing the right things now and for the first time since the Brighton red game I agree with the changes.
    Lord knows what point he is trying to make there, but this is a thread started by a forelock tugger (wind up merchant) who wants to be critical of the Trust and our friend Sid has a Pavlian dog type reflex where they are concerned - he just can't help himself. Start a thread about the team or the game of football and Sid doesn't want to know, but anything to with the Trust and he's in like a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by omegaflames3 wrote on Mon, 13 April 2015 23:37
    Cook pass bavies
    Babtridge*

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Tue, 14 April 2015 04:33
    Quote Originally Posted by ninian1992 wrote on Tue, 14 April 2015 03:29
    Lord knows what point he is trying to make there, but this is a thread started by a forelock tugger (wind up merchant) who wants to be critical of the Trust and our friend Sid has a Pavlian dog type reflex where they are concerned - he just can't help himself. Start a thread about the team or the game of football and Sid doesn't want to know, but anything to with the Trust and he's in like a shot.
    Personally, I really don't care about the trust. You don't really do anything, and you're all a bit boring. I don't like the Trust and I don't dislike the Trust. It doesn't do enough and isn't seen enough for me to have a proper opinion on it. Other than they're all old and a little bit boring.

Quote Originally Posted by [quote title=Ragnar Lothbrok wrote on Mon, 13 April 2015 20:59
    Taken from his Facebook. ] Big Gwyn wrote at some point on Mon
    , that`s exactly what he has done himself. Strangely (well to me anyway) others have taken what he claims at face value rather than read the actual Trust statement for themselves.