+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Big Gwyn's View

Re: Big Gwyn's View

Quote Originally Posted by [quote title=Since62 wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 21:48
    Tiger Bay Bhoy wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 20:56] The fact city have fans like gwyn is the reason a trust won't work unfortunately. We have too many celeb fans who value their own opinion too highly to want a democratic group to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Since62 wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 00:20
    The fact trust membership is still low even after the rebrand is a damning insight to how thick most city supporters are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Bay Bhoy wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 07:20
    The fact that an accountant questions the cost cutting measures of the club proves how out of touch the trust are on reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Fri, 17 April 2015 06:50
    Perhaps he has only worked for profitable businesses.
    And I notice you have avoided confirming that you got claims about me in your original post totally wrong. Is there a reason for you making such claims without knowledge and foundation and then not retracting them when you are shown to be wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 12:16
    Hmm this will be the Trust that claims to be the voice of the fans when it represents barely or perhaps just about 4% of fans so the other 96% will quite rightly point out that the Trust don,t represent them and therefore the Trust viewpoint should be ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 07:04
    If there is to be engagement between club and fans it should be all fans getting a vote and for candidates like Vince and Gwyn or whoever else wants to put themselves forward not a pompous group of self serving inward looking and lets face it bordering on elderly has beens. As the Labour party called them old, male and stale,.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto wrote on Fri, 17 April 2015 23:39
    I tend to agree. 'With age comes wisdom' doesn't seem to apply does it?
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Fri, 17 April 2015 13:56
    Let me get this right, the Labour party is so desperate for votes that it thinks it can get some by labeling Cardiff City Supporters' Trust members "old, male and stale"? I will be watching the latest opinion polls more closely than I usually do to see if this turns out to be decisive in a very close election .
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto wrote on Fri, 17 April 2015 12:31
    Can I ask the man who, on this board anyway, exists only to slag off the Trust and his new disciple if you have bothered reading Monday's statement?
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Fri, 17 April 2015 05:46
    If you have done, you must have ignored or missed the following;
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto wrote on Fri, 17 April 2015 01:51
    "We are disappointed at the lack of promised fans' forums and Russell Slade's apparent reluctance to meet with the fans."
    Quote Originally Posted by sidhooper7 wrote on Fri, 17 April 2015 01:00
    No mention of the word "Trust" there, just a point made that the club and it's manager appear to be reluctant to meet with "fans", not the Trust.
    And you can try and be as pompous as you like, but you're still talking rubbish because you are still saying you agree with him - just because it's in a different sentence doesn't mean that it has lost it's meaning. Incidentally, given that you have now highlighted that particular part of your message, I don't see how you can justify your claim of "no hostility" when you were being patronising to Nigel Blues earlier if you're sticking by Sid's "pompous group of self serving inward looking and lets face it bordering on elderly has beens" remark, but, of course, according to you, I'm wrong for thinking you agree with him.

I apologise if I have misinterperated certain points, no offence intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Bay Bhoy wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 18:26
    I apologise if I have misinterperated certain points, no offence intended.
    Keith

So Nigelblues thinks the Trust are democratic? Promoting their mates to the Board of the Trust without an election or even the most basic consultation with the Trust members a few months back and you think that kind of democracy will attract fans?
    Ah yes it was undemocratic but as it is there in the Constitution or rules theres nothing Trust members can do about it.
    I think the original question was about whether it was worth having a Trust when the huge majority of fans dont want it even at a pound a month.
    The 700 odd who do belong think so and up to now they are irrelevant to the big picture but salvation is at hand !!! After the Trusts nonsense about back to blue the owner is alienated which in turn has led to 14,000 fans being alienated so next season we face having the worst crowds in almost 20 years, just 4000 and that is success for the Trust as they now represent 15% of the rump of the fanbase. If they continue this path they may very well takeover the club......when it is wound up and can start again in the Welsh league but then isn,t that in their aims and objectives?

Quote Originally Posted by sidhooper7 wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 23:54
    So Nigelblues thinks the Trust are democratic? Promoting their mates to the Board of the Trust without an election or even the most basic consultation with the Trust members a few months back and you think that kind of democracy will attract fans?
    The rest of your post is utter nonsense so not worthy of comment. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by [quote title=NigelBlues wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 01:47
    Toronto wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 01:29] The fact city have fans like gwyn is the reason a trust won't work unfortunately. We have too many celeb fans who value their own opinion too highly to want a democratic group to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Since62 wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 21:48
    The fact trust membership is still low even after the rebrand is a damning insight to how thick most city supporters are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Bay Bhoy wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 20:56
    The fact that an accountant questions the cost cutting measures of the club proves how out of touch the trust are on reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Since62 wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 00:20
    Perhaps he has only worked for profitable businesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Bay Bhoy wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 07:20
    Furthermore, every club that comes out of the Premier Leave are forced to make these measures to a certain extent.
    Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Fri, 17 April 2015 06:50
    If I am the accountant in the Trust you are referring to , then you have got at least a couple of things totally wrong.
    Well said Nigel. I have retained my Trust membership with the forlorn hope that those who still attend will take time to understand what the trust is, what it isn't and get involved. The Trust has Cardiff City at heart. That much cannot be denied.

To be frank , your comments blaming the Trust for a fall-off in the take up of new season tickets is illogical and nonsensical.But then I assume they were made by you not based on any element of truth , but to stir controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues wrote on Wed, 22 April 2015 02:43
    Ah yes it was undemocratic but as it is there in the Constitution or rules theres nothing Trust members can do about it.
    I'm not so sure about that Nigel. Sid's inference that the Trust's membership is holding steady at a time when gates are falling and the number of season ticket holders looks set to drop dramatically is, surely, a compliment to the membership. After all, at a time when there are debates about what makes someone a fan, here's a group of people who are sticking by the club no matter what - sadly, it's not true though. Hardly surprisingly, Trust membership has dropped over the past year and so, if there is a bizarre plot afoot whereby the Trust brought about the decline over the past two years so that it can eventually take over the club, it doesn't seem to be working .