+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Gwyn's View

Re: Big Gwyn's View

Quote Originally Posted by [quote title=Since62 wrote on Tue, 14 April 2015 12:23
    Ragnar Lothbrok wrote on Mon, 13 April 2015 20:59] Taken from his Facebook.
    Sadly, the world is full of idiots who don't have the wit to find out about the veracity of statements before they comment on them.

This is a classic example of advertising the opinion of one man and then also questioning why this one man's opinion is relevant above all others

If there were no threads or knee jerk reaction to the opinions/posts of 'celebrity fans' (I'm aware of the hypocrisy by posting in this thread!) then if they wore a red or blue shirt in the woods, we wouldn't know what sound they made, if any!!

Quote Originally Posted by [quote title=Since62 wrote on Tue, 14 April 2015 12:23
    Ragnar Lothbrok wrote on Mon, 13 April 2015 20:59] The full Trust statement
    , that`s exactly what he has done himself. Strangely (well to me anyway) others have taken what he claims at face value rather than read the actual Trust statement for themselves.

Hmm this will be the Trust that claims to be the voice of the fans when it represents barely or perhaps just about 4% of fans so the other 96% will quite rightly point out that the Trust don,t represent them and therefore the Trust viewpoint should be ignored.

If there is to be engagement between club and fans it should be all fans getting a vote and for candidates like Vince and Gwyn or whoever else wants to put themselves forward not a pompous group of self serving inward looking and lets face it bordering on elderly has beens. As the Labour party called them , old, male and stale.

Quote Originally Posted by sidhooper7 wrote on Fri, 17 April 2015 01:00
    Hmm this will be the Trust that claims to be the voice of the fans when it represents barely or perhaps just about 4% of fans so the other 96% will quite rightly point out that the Trust don,t represent them and therefore the Trust viewpoint should be ignored.
    I tend to agree. 'With age comes wisdom' doesn't seem to apply does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cathaze Blue wrote on Mon, 13 April 2015 22:05
    "who represent incidently around less than 300 households in the world"
    Me too. I mean, there must be hundreds of millions - possibly over a billion - households in the world and the Trust represents only 300?! Pathetic. At least Gwyn doesn't stand there and shout his (considerably stupid) mouth off with no mandate. He's supported by... erm, well, nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto wrote on Fri, 17 April 2015 01:51
    If there is to be engagement between club and fans it should be all fans getting a vote and for candidates like Vince and Gwyn or whoever else wants to put themselves forward not a pompous group of self serving inward looking and lets face it bordering on elderly has beens. As the Labour party called them old, male and stale,.
    If 96% have no interest in it, then, surely, anyone running on a Trust ticket would have no chance of winning any vote held to decide which fan should sit on the Board unless it was limited in some way. Of course, such a ballot should be open to everyone so that Vince and, Lord help us, Gwyn could stand if they wanted to. If one were held, the ballot would only be limited if the club deemed that it should be - something that makes Steve Borley's ramblings about "political" motives all the more strange.

Silly fat wanker

The fact city have fans like gwyn is the reason a trust won't work unfortunately. We have too many celeb fans who value their own opinion too highly to want a democratic group to work.

The fact trust membership is still low even after the rebrand is a damning insight to how thick most city supporters are.

Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Fri, 17 April 2015 06:50
    The fact trust membership is still low even after the rebrand is a damning insight to how thick most city supporters are.
    Quite. Furthermore, the ridiculous reaction to the Trust's entirely reasonable statement has once again highlighted how many complete and utter tossers there are within the fanbase. Those individuals really are getting the club they deserve.

Wonder how that could possibly work?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Fri, 17 April 2015 05:46
    If there is to be engagement between club and fans it should be all fans getting a vote and for candidates like Vince and Gwyn or whoever else wants to put themselves forward not a pompous group of self serving inward looking and lets face it bordering on elderly has beens. As the Labour party called them old, male and stale,.
    Why not put your energy into a more worthwhile cause?

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto wrote on Fri, 17 April 2015 12:31
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Fri, 17 April 2015 05:46
    Let me get this right, the Labour party is so desperate for votes that it thinks it can get some by labeling Cardiff City Supporters' Trust members "old, male and stale"? I will be watching the latest opinion polls more closely than I usually do to see if this turns out to be decisive in a very close election .
    You could do that rather than watching football of course.

After his behavior at a certain pro blue meeting'He is lucky not to be on a banning order.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo wrote on Fri, 17 April 2015 12:46
    Let me get this right, the Labour party is so desperate for votes that it thinks it can get some by labeling Cardiff City Supporters' Trust members "old, male and stale"? I will be watching the latest opinion polls more closely than I usually do to see if this turns out to be decisive in a very close election .
    Can I ask the man who, on this board anyway, exists only to slag off the Trust and his new disciple if you have bothered reading Monday's statement?
    Exactly. Well said

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto wrote on Fri, 17 April 2015 12:52
    Can I ask the man who, on this board anyway, exists only to slag off the Trust and his new disciple if you have bothered reading Monday's statement?
    If you have done, you must have ignored or missed the following;
    And reading/posting on message boards. We could all devote all our spare time to more worthwhile activities.

You're on fire!

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto wrote on Fri, 17 April 2015 12:56
    You're on fire!
    Glad you think our little exchange has been worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo wrote on Fri, 17 April 2015 12:55
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto wrote on Fri, 17 April 2015 12:52
    If you have done, you must have ignored or missed the following;
    "We are disappointed at the lack of promised fans' forums and Russell Slade's apparent reluctance to meet with the fans."
    You've got my vote

So you say "I tend to agree" and it's me who has misunderstood because I concluded that you agreed with him - I see.

Ragnar Lothbrok wrote on Mon, 13 April 2015 20:59] Taken from his Facebook.
    When you say that he is educated to degree level, I take it that this is not Classics at Oxford or Cambridge (or similar)? Geography would also probably be off the agenda given his knowledge of flags.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Fri, 17 April 2015 13:56
    Perhaps reflect a little and go again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 17 April 2015 07:07
    Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Fri, 17 April 2015 06:50
    Quite. Furthermore, the ridiculous reaction to the Trust's entirely reasonable statement has once again highlighted how many complete and utter tossers there are within the fanbase. Those individuals really are getting the club they deserve.
    I've never had time for our "celebrity" fans all very much idiots with their own agenda. Gwyn and *****'s attitude towards the trust is embarrassing all because they can't run it themselves. Unfortunately the latter has a few minions who hang on his every word too.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor wrote on Mon, 13 April 2015 21:35
    Maybe he is, but you got to agree with this statement
    Nail on head. If Gwyn came up with this of his own accord he has made a statement that is 100% accurate.

I thought many of the biggest tossers in our fanbase were staying away....well until they come crawling back mores the pity, in the meantime they hang round like a bad smell. Most fans dont want to join the Trust because they associate it with the people and opinions posted on this thread.

Everyone who doesnt agree with me must be a tosser mentality might make you feel superior on a message board but its never going to get much support in the real world.