+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plaid and SNP owning Labour

Plaid and SNP owning Labour

Following on from tonight's debate it seems Plaid and SNP will very much become the radical tail wagging the moribound Labour dog.

Not sure what Ed Milliband can do - he seems so unelectable.

The main question is can Plaid/SNP/Labour muster enough seats to oust the Tories. I suspect they will, just about.

This could mean lots of bargaining power for Plaid and the SNP.

Interesting days ahead.

Re: Plaid and SNP owning Labour

I'm sure Nicola Sturgeons husband is a builder the amount of times she mentioned wanting to build new houses

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy wrote on Thu, 16 April 2015 22:06
    I'm sure Nicola Sturgeons husband is a builder the amount of times she mentioned wanting to build new houses
    Whtever, she is still a formidable political performer - wish she was in Welsh politics.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianboy1 wrote on Thu, 16 April 2015 22:13
    She'd get nowhere with that accent.

There will be no formal coalition if it comes to it with Labour and the SNP as there is with the Tories and Liberal Democrats. Sturgeon would be dead in the water back home in Scotland if she went into Government just as Clegg's cowboys are now on a national level. If Ed is relying on her to keep a minority Labour Government in power it will be on a vote by vote basis which in the end will make his administration moribund. You don't have to look in the crystal ball when you can read it in the history book under the chapter dealing with 1974 - 1979. However. the margins are so small that nobody at this stage can say what the mathematics on 8th May will be.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianboy1 wrote on Thu, 16 April 2015 22:05
    Following on from tonight's debate it seems Plaid and SNP will very much become the radical tail wagging the moribound Labour dog.
    I disagree, although Miliband may regret his "I won't go into coalition with the SNP" statements. You're kidding yourself if you think Plaid have any bargaining power - that will only happen if Labour are 5 short of a majority and need 5 MPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Thu, 16 April 2015 22:21
    I think Milliband will end up in a coalition with the SNP. What they say before and after the election are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Thu, 16 April 2015 22:18
    Quote Originally Posted by ninianboy1 wrote on Thu, 16 April 2015 22:13
    Whtever, she is still a formidable political performer - wish she was in Welsh politics.
    Didn't do Keir Hardie any harm!

Unless you are a multi-millionaire I wouldn't worry too much It's only Wales wealthiest people like Croesy who have anything to fear

I should imagine that the SNP and Plaid will approach Labour as one. Obviously, the SNP will be the senior partner but they will probably bring Plaid along with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianboy1 wrote on Thu, 16 April 2015 22:26
    The main question is can Plaid/SNP/Labour muster enough seats to oust the Tories. I suspect they will, just about.
    I'm not too sure - the SNP will quickly forget the Greens and Plaid if they held the sway. Honestly, Plaid's 3 MPs will hold very little power.

Quote Originally Posted by NECS wrote on Thu, 16 April 2015 22:18
    There will be no formal coalition if it comes to it with Labour and the SNP as there is with the Tories and Liberal Democrats. Sturgeon would be dead in the water back home in Scotland if she went into Government just as Clegg's cowboys are now on a national level. If Ed is relying on her to keep a minority Labour Government in power it will be on a vote by vote basis which in the end will make his administration moribund. You don't have to look in the crystal ball when you can read it in the history book under the chapter dealing with 1974 - 1979. However. the margins are so small that nobody at this stage can say what the mathematics on 8th May will be.
    If a Plaid/SNP pack can offer Labour 50 seats to help form a government I doubt they will be able to resist.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianboy1 wrote on Thu, 16 April 2015 22:29
    If a Plaid/SNP pack can offer Labour 50 seats to help form a government I doubt they will be able to resist.
    What if Labour only need 30? They'll only need the SNP on a vote by vote basis then. The 3 Plaid MPs will not register.

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Thu, 16 April 2015 22:28
    Quote Originally Posted by ninianboy1 wrote on Thu, 16 April 2015 22:26
    This could mean lots of bargaining power for Plaid and the SNP.
    I agree, 5 Plaid seats on their own wouldn't count for much. It depends if SNP want/will bring them along to the negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Thu, 16 April 2015 22:31
    What if Labour only need 30? They'll only need the SNP on a vote by vote basis then. The 3 Plaid MPs will not register.
    True - but that would mean an outstanding performance from Milliband and Labour - which I can't see happening right now.

Neck and neck I reckon. Tories and LibDem will gang up, and so will Labour and SNP so it still be about even, so them it will be down do Plaid, Greens and UKIP who'll have some control. So Farage and inept Welsh girl will have a say. For a good Career move I wouldn't be surprised that she'll be in the next series of Stella, God forbid there is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gluey wrote on Thu, 16 April 2015 22:24
    Bless him,He thinks the audience were chosen for a left wing bias tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 wrote on Thu, 16 April 2015 22:40
    Neck and neck I reckon. Tories and LibDem will gang up, and so will Labour and SNP so it still be about even, so them it will be down do Plaid, Greens and UKIP who'll have some control. So Farage and inept Welsh girl will have a say. For a good Career move I wouldn't be surprised that she'll be in the next series of Stella, God forbid there is one.
    We have a classic case of 'Uncle Tomism' here.

Plaid barely own a pot to piss in.

Lacklustre leader out of her depth like that Aussie Green leader muppet.

[quote title=BlueWales wrote on Thu, 16 April 2015 22:45]Plaid barely own a pot to piss in.

So? UKIP were given £1m by the Express newspaper tonight but it still won't encourage me to vote for them.

quote]

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Thu, 16 April 2015 22:45
    Why does what they own matter?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Thu, 16 April 2015 23:08
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Thu, 16 April 2015 22:45
    Lacklustre leader out of her depth like that Aussie Green leader muppet.

International

comeon, own up!!!!

If there is a Plaid, Lab, SNP Govt it will last about 6 months before it falls apart, we'll have another election n Nov

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Fri, 17 April 2015 09:22
    If there is a Plaid, Lab, SNP Govt it will last about 6 months before it falls apart, we'll have another election n Nov
    The Tory/Liberal Alliance survived quite a few damaging spells.