+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whittingham today

Whittingham today

1st half he was excellent, several great passes, involved in everything.

2 nd half he seemed to disappear.

Anyone know why ?

Did Milwall change tactics or formation?

Was it the players around him ?

Did he just give up ?

Re: Whittingham today

Croesy's already investigated this in thorough detail in his Player Ratings thread in which he gave Whitts his customary weekly "4".

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 19:45
    Croesy's already investigated this in thorough detail in his Player Ratings thread in which he gave Whitts his customary weekly "4".
    How would you have marked his performance today Colonel?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 19:47
    Had I been there and subsequently felt the need to talk about it I probably would have used words instead of numbers to express an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 19:50
    Had I been there and subsequently felt the need to talk about it I probably would have used words instead of numbers to express an opinion.
    I chose to use numbers as is usually the case under a thread headed player ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:00
    I chose to use numbers as is usually the case under a thread headed player ratings.
    Shouldn't be a problem, you were there, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:02
    Well lets see if you're able to conjure up more than numbers for this thread in which the OP is asking for specifics about Whitts.
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:07
    Well lets see if you're able to conjure up more than numbers for this thread in which the OP is asking for specifics about Whitts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 19:33
    I was ther, correct.
    So it looks like specifics are not your wheelhouse. I see why you use numbers now.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:20
    I was ther, correct.
    As the OP stated he started ok but soon disappeared in action. No influence on the game. No game changing passes, dead ball play - something or nothing - average at best. Looked tired, lethargic, failed to track back, hardly put a tackle in all day.
    At least I turn up to support my team.

Whitts is a Rolls Royce ploughing a field. Soul destroying, threading balls through to Doyle for him to kick it at someone's legs. Sorry but the crap he gets is laughable. Especially that shite in last night's echo. If he is packed off to satisfy the "kick it and run" brigade it will be a travesty. Dick heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:21
    I was ther, correct.
    As the OP stated he started ok but soon disappeared in action. No influence on the game. No game changing passes, dead ball play - something or nothing - average at best. Looked tired, lethargic, failed to track back, hardly put a tackle in all day.
    Second half he may as well have stayed in the changing room at Half time to be honest.
    Your 'analysis' of today's game and inability to answer rudimentary questions doesn't lend your claim much either.

He was ok 1st half, wouldn't go as far to say he was excellent. 2nd half he was just part of an abysmal team performance lacking any quality, energy or urgency.

Surprisingly for Whitts, his set piece delivery was poor today.

But again Gunnarsson and Whitts will play again next Saturday, so there's no kick up the backside to improve their performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:27
    I was ther, correct.
    Second half he may as well have stayed in the changing room at Half time to be honest.
    Hope this helps.
    What rudimentary questions have I been asked tonight have I failed to answer?

Quote Originally Posted by leftofcentre wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:27
    Whitts is a Rolls Royce ploughing a field. Soul destroying, threading balls through to Doyle for him to kick it at someone's legs. Sorry but the crap he gets is laughable. Especially that shite in last night's echo. If he is packed off to satisfy the "kick it and run" brigade it will be a travesty. Dick heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:29
    I was ther, correct.
    Hope this helps.
    Actually Croesy, the OP stated: "1st half he was excellent, several great passes, involved in everything." so whilst you've tried to give the impression that you were agreeing with him, everything you wrote is at odds with the OP's opinion.
    The bits I highlighted in blue were meant to be a big clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:31
    I was ther, correct.
    Hope this helps.
    Actually Croesy, the OP stated: "1st half he was excellent, several great passes, involved in everything." so whilst you've tried to give the impression that you were agreeing with him, everything you wrote is at odds with the OP's opinion.
    Now let's look at the questions the OP was hoping to get answered and see how you did:
    Oh, sorry, I hadn't fully appreciated that Lawnmowers opening post was directed at me rather than a general post on the messageboard. I am so sorry for the misunderstanding

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:33
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:31
    I was ther, correct.
    Hope this helps.
    Now let's look at the questions the OP was hoping to get answered and see how you did:
    Apology accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:29
    Quote Originally Posted by leftofcentre wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:27
    Funny enough the best Whitts has played in a number of games was the 2nd half against Birmingham, where he had Ralls alongside him, who provides a bit more go forward with the ball and has better quality on the ball than Gunnarsson.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross CCFC wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:28
    He was ok 1st half, wouldn't go as far to say he was excellent. 2nd half he was just part of an abysmal team performance lacking any quality, energy or urgency.
    Stavross quote re 'Suprisingly for Whitts' his delivery was poor today is laughable. His delivery every week is poor bar one or two each game. Dont worry though he will be the 1st name on thr team sheet yet again.

No you imagined his first half performance

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:54
    I'm almost certain the Colonel will be pulling you ip on that remark shortly. He knows that Whittingham strode the pitch like an absolute collossus yet again today. Fool.

At the risk of sticking my nose in to this private/public spat, here's a few stats on what Whitts did today.
    (No I didn't watch the game.)

He completed 91% of his passes (very good).
    One of those was a key pass which created a scoring opportunity.
    However his forward passes into the most dangerous areas otherwise failed.

In all he created three chances - the aforementioned 1, and 2 further from corners.
    He had 3 successful crosses out of 11 attempts and successfully made the only tackle he attempted (of Ricardo Fuller in the 75th minute).
    Whitts also had one shot, which was on target.

Looking at some of the other midfielders stats I don't think Whitts was the worst of the lot today.
    But it also seems fair to say he had a better first half than second, given the number and location of passes in each half.

Hope that helps.
    Here's the link to all that if you're interested?

http://championship.squawka.com/cardiff-city-vs-millwall/18- 04-2015/football-league-championship/matches

Packed his suitcase at half time and went to join the rest of the team at the beach they've been on for the last month or so.

he has his appearance on BGT on his mind i expect

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:58
    Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:54
    Anyone know why ?
    Please do show me where I've made any comment on Whittingham's performance. Fool.