+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whittingham today

Re: Whittingham today

Quote Originally Posted by Gluey wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 15:53
    Got to laugh at the variety of responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 15:48
    Whitts truly is the marmite man !
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 15:46
    For me he's inconsistent, but still one of the best passers in the country. Great on the ball, hopeless without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gluey wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 15:02
    One of the best passers in the country wouldn't have spent the last eight and a half seasons in the Championship
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 13:53
    I'm sure I saw him in the Prem last season ?
    tbf I can't think of many better English passers once you get past the big names.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 16:01
    Got to laugh at the variety of responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gluey wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 15:53
    Whitts truly is the marmite man !
    Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 15:48
    For me he's inconsistent, but still one of the best passers in the country. Great on the ball, hopeless without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 15:46
    One of the best passers in the country wouldn't have spent the last eight and a half seasons in the Championship
    Quote Originally Posted by Gluey wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 15:02
    I'm sure I saw him in the Prem last season ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 13:53
    He'd be playing for a top side of he had pace and could tackle
    I don't think his talent is in doubt, it's his application, and that makes any speculation of him being Premier League class a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 19:50
    Croesy's already investigated this in thorough detail in his Player Ratings thread in which he gave Whitts his customary weekly "4".
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 19:47
    How would you have marked his performance today Colonel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 19:45
    Had I been there and subsequently felt the need to talk about it I probably would have used words instead of numbers to express an opinion.

I think he just plucks numbers out of the air. I doubt he was at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by leftofcentre wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:27
    Whitts is a Rolls Royce ploughing a field. Soul destroying, threading balls through to Doyle for him to kick it at someone's legs. Sorry but the crap he gets is laughable. Especially that shite in last night's echo. If he is packed off to satisfy the "kick it and run" brigade it will be a travesty. Dick heads.
    Never

Croesy's already investigated this in thorough detail in his Player Ratings thread in which he gave Whitts his customary weekly "4".
    Had I been there and subsequently felt the need to talk about it I probably would have used words instead of numbers to express an opinion.
    5. You seem rather protective of the person whose photo you use on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 18:40
    1. It is not unusual for posters to give numerical ratings.
    Wow, the "Arbiter" coming to Croesy's defence. Wonders will never cease.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 18:47
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 18:40
    1. It is not unusual for posters to give numerical ratings.
    2. Just because you would not post rating in that fashion isn't relevant.
    It's not a wonder at all. Just a few observations. In many ways, Croesy creates reaps what he sows in the political threads on here but that doesn't mean he was unreasonable in this instance.

That's had the effect of quietening up a few of the herd on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:07
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:02
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:00
    I chose to use numbers as is usually the case under a thread headed player ratings.
    Well lets see if you're able to conjure up more than numbers for this thread in which the OP is asking for specifics about Whitts.
    Shouldn't be a problem, you were there, right?
    win or loose, il be ther

He's about 10-15m sitting too deep.

Would like to see Digacoi next to him for a few games

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 18:35
    Whitts is a Rolls Royce ploughing a field. Soul destroying, threading balls through to Doyle for him to kick it at someone's legs. Sorry but the crap he gets is laughable. Especially that shite in last night's echo. If he is packed off to satisfy the "kick it and run" brigade it will be a travesty. Dick heads.
    Quote Originally Posted by leftofcentre wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:27
    Let's get something straight. Whittingham might be a Volkswagon Golf, but to call him a Rolls Royce is a joke.
    Whittingham did get the opportunity of playing in the Premier League with Cardiff and I'd say the results were mixed - match winning and point saving goals and a performance so poor in one game that he was withdrawn before half time. I don't think he's been a player who could hold down a regular place in a Premier League team on merit for two or three years now, but, for the couple of years before that I'm sure he was.