+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whittingham today

Re: Whittingham today

Quote Originally Posted by Norbiton Dragon wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:59
    At the risk of sticking my nose in to this private/public spat, here's a few stats on what Whitts did today.
    A midfielder who only attempted 1 tackle really?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 21:07
    1st half he was excellent, several great passes, involved in everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:58
    2 nd half he seemed to disappear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:54
    Anyone know why ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 19:33
    Did Milwall change tactics or formation?
    Pavlov's dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 21:08
    At the risk of sticking my nose in to this private/public spat, here's a few stats on what Whitts did today.
    (No I didn't watch the game.)
    Much more successful at avoiding making tackles and chasing shadows - 100% success at both.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 21:10
    Anyone know why ?
    Was it the players around him ?
    Schrödinger's cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 21:13
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 21:10
    Anyone know why ?
    Was it the players around him ?
    Did he just give up ?
    Why?

http://championship.squawka.com/cardiff-city-vs-millwall/18- 04-2015/football-league-championship/matches

Quote Originally Posted by ginger monster wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 21:10
    Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 21:08
    (No I didn't watch the game.)
    He completed 91% of his passes (very good).
    Not trying to make a judgment either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 21:15
    A I don't
    Quote Originally Posted by gandalf1927 wrote on Thu, 12 March 2015 22:05
    B I have
    Ah but is it mentally stable to make out you're rich when you're not? post pretending to be you're wife? pretend you went away to (can't remember)? or win money from imaginary bookies at astronomical odds? or buy more post office shares than any other individual in the UK? You're a cock basically

but you say it better when you say nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 19:50
    Croesy's already investigated this in thorough detail in his Player Ratings thread in which he gave Whitts his customary weekly "4".
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 19:47
    How would you have marked his performance today Colonel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 19:45
    Had I been there and subsequently felt the need to talk about it I probably would have used words instead of numbers to express an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 21:33
    Croesy's already investigated this in thorough detail in his Player Ratings thread in which he gave Whitts his customary weekly "4".
    Had I been there and subsequently felt the need to talk about it I probably would have used words instead of numbers to express an opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy wrote on Tue, 08 May 2012 10:07
    Anyone who wouldnt go due to goal music,change of colours etc is just a plastic fan anyway
    Anyone who wouldnt go due to goal music,change of colours etc is just a plastic fan anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 21:38

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 21:44
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy wrote on Mon, 25 February 2013 13:40
    No its saying i will only keep posting rubbish if you keep posting in threads where Cardiffi is bullying me. Therefore two bullies against one victim (me).
    No its saying i will only keep posting rubbish if you keep posting in threads where Cardiffi is bullying me. Therefore two bullies against one victim (me).

Quote Originally Posted by leftofcentre wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:27
    Whitts is a Rolls Royce ploughing a field. Soul destroying, threading balls through to Doyle for him to kick it at someone's legs. Sorry but the crap he gets is laughable. Especially that shite in last night's echo. If he is packed off to satisfy the "kick it and run" brigade it will be a travesty. Dick heads.
    I'm convinced we have enough decent footballers at the club to put in better performances than what we're actually witnessing ( apart from the 2 full backs brought in by Slade who will never do more than defend then hit aimless long balls down the line)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 11:01
    Whitts is a Rolls Royce ploughing a field. Soul destroying, threading balls through to Doyle for him to kick it at someone's legs. Sorry but the crap he gets is laughable. Especially that shite in last night's echo. If he is packed off to satisfy the "kick it and run" brigade it will be a travesty. Dick heads.
    Quote Originally Posted by leftofcentre wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:27
    Hallelujah - it's not just me then thank god! Whitts is still the best footballer we have, he looks very forlorn but no doubt that's with having to put up with Slade's crap tactics. He's also playing too deep. If he went to another club they would be lauding his performances in a few games time ( as Connolly and Le Fondre are finding at their new clubs).
    I've now finished my Cardiff City watching for this season and feel able to conclude that Slade either does not know what he is doing or cannot convince the players to do what he wants. Either way I can't see any option other than his leaving if we wish to progress.

Herein lies the problem

Got to laugh at the variety of responses.
    Whitts truly is the marmite man !

For me he's inconsistent, but still one of the best passers in the country. Great on the ball, hopeless without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 13:53
    One of the best passers in the country wouldn't have spent the last eight and a half seasons in the Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Gluey wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 15:02
    He'd be playing for a top side of he had pace and could tackle

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 15:46
    For me he's inconsistent, but still one of the best passers in the country. Great on the ball, hopeless without it.
    Yeah, he's clearly skilful enough for the PL but doesn't have enough all round game to have made his career there.

He got promoted and relegated. Nobody bought him because they thought he was Premier League quality

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 15:48
    One of the best passers in the country wouldn't have spent the last eight and a half seasons in the Championship
    I remember when we signed him some Villa fans who had watched him develop told me he is a fantastic player, but he's not right upstairs and he can't handle the mental side of the game. That has always stuck with me.

Our front line has invited too much pressure onto the midfield throughout the season and our midfield has been slow and mostly ineffective throughout the season, consider that Mason and Ralls are probably coming away with the most credit and you can see how bad it's been. After those two? Whitts, probably, is third most effective but it's not been a season he can be happy with either.