+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Glamorgan v Surrey

Glamorgan v Surrey

150-3 Pietersen out for 19 off Meschede

Re: Glamorgan v Surrey

Just cycled past there on the way down to the bay. They're crowd makes ours at CCS look huge. I wonder if anyone would really care if they went bust.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 15:22
    Just cycled past there on the way down to the bay. They're crowd makes ours at CCS look huge. I wonder if anyone would really care if they went bust.
    I'd certainly care, I was going to go along for a few hours this morning, but gave up after driving around the area for about twenty minutes without finding a space to park.

Quote Originally Posted by [IMG
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/homer.gif[/IMG] RichardM wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 15:22] Just cycled past there on the way down to the bay. They're crowd makes ours at CCS look huge. I wonder if anyone would really care if they went bust.

I went for a few hours. Enjoyed it.

The crowd was pretty scarce but county cricket just doesn't have much of a pull anywhere these days, even with stars like Pietersen and Sangakarra on show.

Lovely Sangakarra, come on Surrey

227-3 at tea. I had to leave after lunch. They allowed fans on the pitch at the break, They had the championship trophy on display, and they had a bit of kids coaching behind the pavilion as well as an open Q&A with Michael Hogan. Plenty of youngsters there, fair play to Glammy for doing this freebie.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 16:17
    227-3 at tea. I had to leave after lunch. They allowed fans on the pitch at the break, They had the championship trophy on display, and they had a bit of kids coaching behind the pavilion as well as an open Q&A with Michael Hogan. Plenty of youngsters there, fair play to Glammy for doing this freebie.
    Me and the Mrs took a picnic and just lounged in the sunshine. Problem is I've never been so bored at a sporting event. can't see it drumming up a lot of support?

Gutted that I don't live in Cardiff anymore as used to love walking down and spending a day at Sophia Gardens. Much prefer the four day game than the shorter format and it's a great day out. Used to always go down after school for the evening session and loved getting to play on the pitch after the day's play (and during intervals on other days). Glad it's still continuing down there!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 18:29
    I thought that it was a wonderful idea - perfect for kids down there.
    400+ conceded to the team who haven't won in over two years, Lord knows how many conceded to Surrey - get fit soon please, Mr Hogan.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 18:29
    I thought that it was a wonderful idea - perfect for kids down there.
    For the more exciting games its better to go to the T20 or the one day cup competitions, where the game moves much quicker.

Yeah T20 is a perfect post-work vibe, £20 odd a ticket, balmy summer evenings, watching players like Jason Roy **** the thing.