+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Je Suis Billy Boy: free speech for football fans

Blog Entries

Je Suis Billy Boy: free speech for football fans

http://www.spiked-online.com/freespeechnow/fsn_article/je-su is-billy-boy-free-speech-for-football-fans#.VTOvbSH2Bdg

They are right to ask, where is the anger? The paedophiles in parliament are free to do what they like but this guy is in prison for singing, it's complete madness.

Re: Je Suis Billy Boy: free speech for football fans

football fans seem an easy target

That is a very well-written article.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by packerman wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 21:28
    http://www.spiked-online.com/freespeechnow/fsn_article/je-su is-billy-boy-free-speech-for-football-fans#.VTOvbSH2Bdg
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 21:24
    They are right to ask, where is the anger? The paedophiles in parliament are free to do what they like but this guy is in prison for singing, it's complete madness.
    This law was courtesy of the SNP, that makes me see them in a different light tbh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bobh wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 21:52
    That is a very well-written article.
    I can't even remember how I came to be on that site today but there are some good articles on there, the ones in the related section at the bottom were interesting too.

Considering how bad the relations between Rangers and Celtic have been in the recent past I'm not going to argue over some strong measures but I can't believe we have so many empty prisons that we can be wasting time with a measure as extreme as this, why not give him 4 hours community service?

However, football fans are a target and it's getting ridiculous. We're a target for businessmen, we're a target for the police and we're a target for politicians.

Support a football team and you become a second class citizen in the eyes of the police.

A disgrace.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 22:25
    Considering how bad the relations between Rangers and Celtic have been in the recent past I'm not going to argue over some strong measures but I can't believe we have so many empty prisons that we can be wasting time with a measure as extreme as this, why not give him 4 hours community service?
    Do you not think making a criminal out of him for the use of some words is a strong measure in itself? You are right, football fans are a target, they are being used to bring these measures in but they often come under an umbrella that cover other areas of our lives, as with most things they demonize someone to get us to go along with it, I can see your thinking over the bad relations between the clubs ect but remember this law covers other things that they might decide not to like 'depending on the circumstances', I find that scary.

I don't like that song but it puts how ****ed up this country is when this bloke gets 4 months and that ****Katie hopkins gets a radio show when describing immigrants as cockroaches in. A national
    Newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 23:54
    Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 22:25
    However, football fans are a target and it's getting ridiculous. We're a target for businessmen, we're a target for the police and we're a target for politicians.
    You make rules and regulations you have to stick to them. Thats how a civilised society works.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Irish wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 07:16
    I don't like that song but it puts how ****ed up this country is when this bloke gets 4 months and that ****Katie hopkins gets a radio show when describing immigrants as cockroaches in. A national
    If she says anything illegal I would imagine she would be arrested and put in jail.