+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Loan watch

Loan watch

With their loan spells coming to an end, and with the possibility that the next team they play for could be us, a number of players took the opportunity to score goals this week before it's too late. Adam Le Fondre got two for Bolton, one in each of their drawn games. Matthew Connolly missed out through injury yesterday but scored a tap-in for Watford on Wednesday, a reward for continuing his run from the back into the Forest box. David Tutonda scored his first goal in senior football, a beauty too, in Newport's home defeat to Dagenham & Redbridge while Etien Velikonja curled a free kick into the Cercle Brugge net for Lierse in a 2-0 win which gives them the edge in their relegation play-off. Josh Yorwerth scored for the Ipswich DVP team in a 3-0 win at Bristol City.

Oddly, Declan John, Rhys Healey and Kenwyne Jones all came on with their sides 1-0 down yesterday but finished up with draws. Bittersweet though for Colchester and Bournemouth who conceded last minute equalisers. It's out of Colchester's hands now at the bottom of League 1 but Bournemouth just need two wins to go up.

Ross County won 3-0 in the week but no game for them and Filip Kiss this weekend. Joe Lewis is out with injury, Ben Nugent still out of the picture at Yeovil and Javi Guerra didn't make it off the bench for Malaga at Real Madrid. Tommy O'Sullivan had his loan at Port Vale extended to the end of the season although I'm not quite sure why, he failed to get on again this week. KTC started, as always, for St Etienne as they drew 2-2 at new leaders Lyon.

Deji Oshilaja had an interesting approach to rehabilitation after being carried off with a neck injury suffered in a headlong fall last Saturday. He played the 90 minutes in both of AFC Wimbledon's draws this week. He's under 6 foot tall but Deji is a tank, a collision with Akinfenwa in training would be seismic.

Among our ex-players, it was a good weekend for the class of 2012. There were goals for Rudi Gestede, Mark Hudson, Jon Parkin, Kevin Sainte-Luce and Haris Vuckic while Tom Heaton saved a penalty.

Re: Loan watch

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 21:55
    With their loan spells coming to an end, and with the possibility that the next team they play for could be us, a number of players took the opportunity to score goals this week before it's too late.

The Beast is on fire ... 30 goals in 44 starts for FGR.

Hopefully they'll get in the play-offs & maybe even get to play the Gas at Wembley. They're currently re-kindling my love of football & it would be great to do a season in the dungeon with them next year & complete my 92 club. Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 13:58
    Nice one, good luck with that. Looks like being an exciting day all round on Saturday in the Conference, some big games. At least it's in Forest Green's hands, could be a long journey home for the Macclesfield fans at Torquay even if they win.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 13:58
    Decision to make on the weekend ... do I stay at home and watch FGR v Dover or come down to see the mighty bluebirds ?

I love these posts. Not sure Haris Vuckic is high on my radar though.

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 04:29
    I love these posts. Not sure Haris Vuckic is high on my radar though.
    Only made 2 starts for us in a month long loan from Newcastle and didn't look that interested. In 2010 he played in the same Slovenian under-21 team as City legend Etien Velikonja.

Cheers Loanamski.

Josh Yorwerth scored for the Ipswich DVP team in a 3-0 win at Bristol City.
    Heard from Josh he's been offered a £1000 a week contract at Ipswich with guarantee of first team appearances next year.. How they can commit to that not knowing which league they'll be in is beyond me, or £3000 a week at Cardiff with very limited first team appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by JM22 wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 16:30
    Josh Yorwerth scored for the Ipswich DVP team in a 3-0 win at Bristol City.
    Heard from Josh he's been offered a £1000 a week contract at Ipswich with guarantee of first team appearances next year.. How they can commit to that not knowing which league they'll be in is beyond me, or £3000 a week at Cardiff with very limited first team appearances.
    Good luck to him, keep us in touch with developments. Shame it hasn't worked out for him here but we've got so many centre halves : Manga, Morrison, Turner, Connolly, Gabbidon, Oshilaja, James, Nugent, Yorwerth, Curtis Watkins, Amondarian plus Ajayi on loan. Channel 4 could do a hoarding programme on us.