+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The C grade billionaire, I give you Mr Tan

The C grade billionaire, I give you Mr Tan

Watching Man U V Chelsea on Saturday night I pondered their A grade billionaires.

Their clubs are run and owned by people with big ideas.

Most premier league clubs are the same. Well done to Swansea and WBA for kicking the trend but their business model will inevitably fail.

We have a chairman who stumbles from bad decision to worse and shows his small time mentality with the stripping of the squad led now by a two bob bit manager.

He has single handedly ruined the camaraderie between the fans and the club, it may have been an illusion anyway but as a football supporter I liked to feel we need each other. Tan told me otherwise. The fans are about to show him, slightly above his 25% that he thought he could replace, that his arrogance only stood with good results. His red disciples are long gone.

My thought is, if we had had an owner with a little more about him ,knowledge, sense , humility, decorum , yes decorum Mr Tan then perhaps we would as supporters be a little more behind the club even in its present condition.

He certainly spent his money, I am glad its his debt as he ultimately is responsible for every penny of it.

I give you the two bob bit Billionaire.

Re: The C grade billionaire, I give you Mr Tan

One thing that Tan has successfully done is explode a few of the myths that many of us harboured about the football club and its fanbase. Him doing so has certainly been beneficial for a lot of supporters, but I very much doubt it has been beneficial for Cardiff City Football Club.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 11:52
    One thing that Tan has successfully done is explode a few of the myths that many of us harboured about the football club and its fanbase. Him doing so has certainly been beneficial for a lot of supporters, but I very much doubt it has been beneficial for Cardiff City Football Club.
    In what sense has it been beneficial for a lot of supporters?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 12:19
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 11:52
    In what sense has it been beneficial for a lot of supporters?
    This was broken for me by red scarfs