+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: £5million lose on season tickets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

£5million lose on season tickets

come on boys, you know it makes sense, Slade is costing the club a fortune

Re: £5million lose on season tickets

Quote Originally Posted by ksbenchpwllheli wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 12:25
    I can't make any sense out of the thread title, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 12:41
    We've sold less than last season he means.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 14:25
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 12:41
    It should read '£5million loose on season tickets'
    Thanks Steve.

Loss. Loose. Lose. Lost ????????

You are right. The man is clueless when it comes to Championship football.

Or maybe people will find another excuse not to renew.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Blue wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 13:12
    In my business we try to eradicate the reasons we may lose customers, not justify them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 13:24
    Maybe.

The apathy generated by the team being clueless under Slade, is the main reason for many like myself, not renewing. The football is the most boring I can recall in about 15 years, dire. I go to games, reluctantly, and can't wait for the season to finish.

If there was anyone with a modicum of football/business sense at the club, they'd sack Slade as soon as the seasons over and replace him with someone like Lambert, Adkins or Warnock. Experienced managers who know this division well, and have taken teams up.

If that were to happen, I have little doubt they'd sell thousands more season tickets. As it stands, many of us are not only bored to tears with the football, we see ourselves under Slade, in a relegation fight next season.

I agree. I have renewed but I missed last Saturday and will miss next weeks game due to work. I could get out of working to be honest but for the first time I can remember I am not too bothered about missing it.

Maybe.
    I hope you aren't making the mistake that running a football club is similar to running your own business. I think we know somebody else that's done that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Blue wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 14:07
    Maybe.
    In my business we try to eradicate the reasons we may lose customers, not justify them.
    Slade isn't the reason I am considering my season ticket, he is part of the reason I haven't renewed....yet....

As it seem there is a cost cutting policy in place,with such a policy survival is the most you can achieve.But for how long can you hang on just to survive,if you do not aim for better you will eventually sink without trace.
    At Cardiff City ,at this moment in time,if this policy is to continue for an indefinite period ,one of the few options is to have a team manager in place who can motivate and introduce an acceptable level of excitement and expectation on the field of play .
    What we have been served this season by the present management team is both boring and lifeless,we are close to the sesson s end,we have seen no difference from game to game since this team management were put in place ,so what difference can we expect from them next season,IMO there will not and cannot be any with the same being in place.
    To achieve a respectable level of season ticket sales changes in this particular department need to happen sooner rather than later.

Mr T correctly wrote this season off.
    He will have plans for next year.
    Wait and see.

The only man who likes Slade is Alan Durban as he is now not our worst ever manager !

Quote Originally Posted by ninian200 wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 13:27
    The only man who likes Slade is Alan Durban as he is now not our worst ever manager !
    I'd prefer someone else as well BTW

They need nerves of steel but it is only on August 4th they will find out how many they will actually sell.

No axe myself as I have already renewed.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 14:28
    They need nerves of steel but it is only on August 4th they will find out how many they will actually sell.
    I think you have raised a very good point there. There may be some people with no intention of renewing and that is definitely a concern. However, the main reason the numbers are as low as they are at this stage is that the club have put no incentive in place to renew early.

I'm out

I cant stomach any more of what I have had to witness since Slade has been there. He may have a hard job to do (I thought that with Ole as well).

But it is such an un appetising product that is for sale - it is almost painful and annoying to watch.

So for that reason - I'm out until he's gone

Re: I'm out

I was given a refund today. The Club chose to shut the top tier just a day after I bought a renewal. Had to agree to disagree with the limited choice of alternative seating offered so the Club has lost my support for next season. I thought they'd at least try to keep a ST holder for nearly 10 years but apparently not. Never mind.

It's not so much Slade as the whole direction (if there is one) of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 19:26
    It's not so much Slade as the whole direction (if there is one) of the club.
    Absolutely.

The problem is certainly far deeper than just Slade.

However, I also believe that Slade's ludicrous appointment reflects the lack of direction and ambition shown by the club.