+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wasted votes- tactical votes- example from Edinburgh

Wasted votes- tactical votes- example from Edinburgh

https://twitter.com/lordashcroft/status/590166248031391745

The snp got 10% of the vote in 2010. Now they looking at 43%.

I wonder how many of those 43% have been told not to waste their votes by voting for the 3rd largest party in the constituency? Yet now they are the biggest party so tactical voting could now see tories backing labour and vice versa.

Strange old world tactical voting. I do get it, but I think it can lead to unintended consequences as you don't know how parties will behave after the election (all the labour supporters who voted lib dem in 2010 to keep the tories out being a case in point).

I really do think the best way is just vote for your favourite party/candidate. If everyone does that at least the result will be genuine.

Re: Wasted votes- tactical votes- example from Edinburgh

never mind tactical voting, getting people to vote at all is the main thing

At the start of the election it was all about who we wanted to be "president" with Tories trying to get people to vote Ed over Dave and Labour trying to get people voting Labour over Tory, then Dave refused to debate one to one. Now it's all about who we want to be deputy prime minister and all the parties trying to get people to vote tactically to keep xxx out. It's been a very strange election from start to finish.

Indeed- vote for the party/candidate you want. Don't try and second guess others is my view.