+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SNP and Sturgeon could finish Labour

Re: SNP and Sturgeon could finish Labour

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 13:42
    I find it hilarious that anyone can say that the SNP will control the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 12:19
    I suppose these people think that the Lib Dems have been holding the conservatives to ransom for the past 5 years as well?
    If the country does not wake up to this very shortly we can expect the type of chaos and ruination that has made the period from 2008-2012 seem like a tea party.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 22:46
    Five million jocks holding the uk to ransom, the whole system needs overhauling
    Its never looked so good.

Just for some balance, I am a voter based in England and the prospect of the SNP having some power doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 13:49
    I suppose these people think that the Lib Dems have been holding the conservatives to ransom for the past 5 years as well?
    Morons.
    Great innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 13:51
    Just for some balance, I am a voter based in England and the prospect of the SNP having some power doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    But hey ho lets have some run about screaming the end is nigh at the prospects of the SNP being any where near power.

I completely agree. I think the SNP are toxic.

Their policies are great (if affordable), and they do accord broadly with Labour principles.

However, they unashamedly want the break up of the United Kingdom, and being associated with that will really damage Labour.

I think Labour have been in the ascendency on this campaign so far, but I think that may change now.

Any alliance, formal or informal with a party that wants to see the end of the UK will not be acceptable to a lot of people.

for some balance it does seem to worry a lot of my english friends, english nationism is a slow burner

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 13:49
    Morons.
    however, i stand by the assertion that they really dont want power, it would put them in a hot seat they really have no need for.

Are you English though? Its a hugely valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by packerman wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 14:20
    for some balance it does seem to worry a lot of my english friends, english nationism is a slow burner
    especially with a couple of letter missing

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 14:41
    Why is it hugely valid?

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 14:43
    especially with a couple of letter missing
    sorry albert

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 14:43
    especially with a couple of letter(s) missing
    I know

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 13:56
    ***runs around waving arms maniacally above head***

If Scotland goes then it's just Northern Ireland, Wales and England left as 'rump UK' - and Northern Ireland, which has closer ties to Scotland than England in some respects, seems little more than an abstract concept for many of us.

Well I am not Scottish and don't wish the UK to break up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 14:52
    thats the point i am making, despite Labours immigration policies over the last decade and more the majority of people in England are still English. THey might see this, and hear UKIP ranting, and think, "enough is enough"

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 14:55
    So you're Welsh or Irish and realistically will not have the deep rooted England v Scotland phobia that still exists in both countries.
    The whole thing is pathetic.

So you're Welsh or Irish and realistically will not have the deep rooted England v Scotland phobia that still exists in both countries.
    English people in general seem for more laconic about their nationality

Quote Originally Posted by packerman wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 15:01
    thats the point i am making, despite Labours immigration policies over the last decade and more the majority of people in England are still English. THey might see this, and hear UKIP ranting, and think, "enough is enough"
    It may work for them - who knows - but if it does it will be Plan Z by Crosby and the Tory high command, as every other cunning plan they have tried this election has flopped.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 15:19
    Quote Originally Posted by packerman wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 15:01
    there is no deep rooted anti scottish phobia in england just a case of a slow resentment building up.
    And I think that is a very valid observation.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds over....... wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 22:54
    we had the english conservatives dictating policy to Wales and scotland for years, lets give the english a taste of their medicine. Roll on a SNP, Plaid and English labour government.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 22:50
    Sounds good to me Anything except another 5 years of the current slimey bastards.
    They crashed the economy and created a cost of borrowing crisis, when they maxed out the countries credit card. Anyone who is willing to forgive Labour for that cock up, is the sort who would give the likes of Savile another chance to work with children.

All the UK wide parties urged Scotland to remain within the UK and promised them more power. They cannot complain if Scottish people then use that power. It is called democracy. If there is an SNP landslide it will not be the case that some loonie lefties have taken over, it will be the case that a huge chunk of the UK has chosen to democratically elect a progressive party.

Let's be honest here, people do not fear the people of Scotland having a say in Westminster, they fear a progressive party that is interested in people rather than the interests of capital having a say in Westminster. I find the prospect of the SNP pulling a Labour government to the left rather exciting.

Silly me eh

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 18:26
    All the UK wide parties urged Scotland to remain within the UK and promised them more power. They cannot complain if Scottish people then use that power. It is called democracy. If there is an SNP landslide it will not be the case that some loonie lefties have taken over, it will be the case that a huge chunk of the UK has chosen to democratically elect a progressive party.
    who'd of guessed