+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: DVP team v Swansea

DVP team v Swansea

Wilson, Barnum-Bobb, Turner, Ajayi, James, Kennedy, Dikgacoi, Watkins, Roche, Harris, Pilkington.

Re: DVP team v Swansea

How we going to line up with four out and out wingers?

Did anyone actually go? Whta was the score ,who played well etc etc ??

I know there is an election coming up and Croesy is in full flow, look at me, look at me ,but this is supposed to be a football board.

Lost 1-0, Ben Watkins sent off after 36 minutes. I didn't go though, so don't know who played well, sorry.

Beat 1-0.

Played for 60 minutes with 10 men, as Watkins was sent off.

Dikagcoi played 89 minutes, and Pilkington around 65ish. Pilkington quite impressive in attack, and the Swansea goal was a deflection. I think Loramski might have popped along, so he can give a more detailed analysis soon.

Cheers guys. How did Harris perform?

A bit unlucky with Ben Watkins being sent off but we were already one down and hadn't tested the keeper. Kadeem Harris played well and worked hard, Dikgacoi is getting there, Kennedy was a bit frustrating, Ben Turner looks match fit now but Pilkington not quite I'd say, although it was an odd game for him as he started up front then had to drop into centre-mid when Watkins went.

Swansea were sharp on the break and created the better chances although Ajayi should have buried a first half header and Kadeem hit the bar. We had three free kicks outside the box and wasted the lot. Tom James and Kennedy did rock, paper, scissors for who took the first which was a new one on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 21:38
    A bit unlucky with Ben Watkins being sent off but we were already one down and hadn't tested the keeper. Kadeem Harris played well and worked hard, Dikgacoi is getting there, Kennedy was a bit frustrating, Ben Turner looks match fit now but Pilkington not quite I'd say, although it was an odd game for him as he started up front then had to drop into centre-mid when Watkins went.
    Harris hit the bar didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 21:40
    Swansea were sharp on the break and created the better chances although Ajayi should have buried a first half header and Kadeem hit the bar. We had three free kicks outside the box and wasted the lot. Tom James and Kennedy did rock, paper, scissors for who took the first which was a new one on me.
    It is there in black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 21:43
    Apologies. I'm colourblind

Very unlucky. Created the chance himself and deserved a goal for all the effort he put in. It's hard enough being a City striker with two up front these days but having to do it alone as he did for the last hour was really tough. Fair play to him though, he stuck at it and showed a lot of heart as well as skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 21:52
    Last time I checked, both ourselves and Swansea were clear at the top of the division is that also still the case?

First time I've been to a U21 game.
    What I learnt was Ben Watkins takes no prisoners.

Wouldn't want to bump into him in a bar.

Shame we couldn't convert some of our chances as I feel we could've got something out of the game.

More enjoyable than the last two home games and more atmosphere from the fans

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 22:07
    Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 21:52
    Very unlucky. Created the chance himself and deserved a goal for all the effort he put in. It's hard enough being a City striker with two up front these days but having to do it alone as he did for the last hour was really tough. Fair play to him though, he stuck at it and showed a lot of heart as well as skill.
    We're out of it now. I think a win tonight and next week would've taken us through to the play-offs but we've really struggled for goals for a while now. I didn't recognise any of the Swansea players, they weren't great but played as a team and broke with pace. We looked like a mix and match side from the start. Two wingers up front who both wanted to drop off wasn't ideal, a perfect Kennedy cross just rolled across the 6-yard line with no one to tap it in. We may have sorted something out with eleven men but going down to ten felt like game over.