+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: End of an era

End of an era

Saturday (If I go after last Saturday) will be the last time I will watch Cardiff City as a season ticket holder after 44 years.

sad but it does not seem to matter as much. I will pick and choose my games - still care about the results and it will always be my club but I have been going to fewer and fewer games over the past few seasons and the money I save goes to my golf club membership.

Re: End of an era

This is the season where I have totally lost interest. I thought the change back to blue would reignite my attention, but it's so dire to watch.

I feel really sorry for the people who go down a few times a month and pay close to £30 for a ticket to watch that shite.

Not to worry, Kev. Apparently, Tim's got loads of mates who are desperate for seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Squashed Grapes wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 12:36
    Saturday (If I go after last Saturday) will be the last time I will watch Cardiff City as a season ticket holder after 44 years.
    I've renewed partly out of habit and partly because of the sparkling football we've seen recently.

Strange.I still go to every home game.And will continue to do so.But the stay away's will forever be held in contempt by many die hard fans.

Weird isnt it - a year ago those that went to games were held in contempt.

Now it is those that dont who are getting called the same thing.

I feel the same way - I wont pay to watch the brand of football Slade is serving up. It's not so much that we lose games - it's more to do with the complete NOTHING that Slade is.

No tactics, no style, no effort, and when he and Scott Young do try - their efforts are bizarre and almost laughable. It is very very painful to watch.

But football fans are fickle - Dalman does the decent thing and appoint someone who at least has managed at this level - or has achieved promotion from the championship - or even ANYONE that can inspire the team - then I guess people will start to renew

Quote Originally Posted by Saundersfootblue wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 15:33
    sad but it does not seem to matter as much. I will pick and choose my games - still care about the results and it will always be my club but I have been going to fewer and fewer games over the past few seasons and the money I save goes to my golf club membership.
    See you tomorrow Grapes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 14:36
    Not to worry, Kev. Apparently, Tim's got loads of mates who are desperate for seats.
    Those who wanted tickets got them cheers Dave.

An old mate always used to say that watching Cardiff City was a disease but he found a cure, i've never been fortunate enough to find that elusive cure and i always thought it was terminal but alas i have found a cure it's called Russell Slade and for the first time in decades i have no withdrawal symptons, thank you Russell you're going to save me a fortune.

Its funny, i was chatting about this today to a client, he supports Swindon Town and has a bit of a soft spot for cardiff ( something to do with getting his head kicked in, in the 80's at a game )

I looked back and thought when did my interest / passion wane, it must have been the last season at NP, stood on the BB was great stuff, then my 6yr daughter used to come to all the games with me ( for that last season ) it was great ( apart from the Ipswich game AND the plastic balls from hyper value )

We moved to the new place and we still got to some games, but something was lacking, its been downhill since

ive never been so pissed off either grapsey tbh ,more at all the arguing etc from our fans and all the whinging etc thats gone on the last few years its just no fun anymore,i will renew when the time comes i know but ive never been so unexcited about going to the footy anymore,ive watched for a good 40years myself and still do every home game league, cup etc but used to love away trips this year only done 5 my lowest probably for 20+ years ,is it an age thing or just pissed off .com not sure really !still love them wales trips mind lol

If a business is split at the top then there is only one way it will go. And treating its 'customers' as badly will only escalate it's decline.
    Shit owner, shit manager, split and disillusioned fanbase.....Cheers Vincent!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 16:45
    Quote Originally Posted by Saundersfootblue wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 15:33
    Strange.I still go to every home game.And will continue to do so.But the stay away's will forever be held in contempt by many die hard fans.
    If the met get promoted I will watch a bit of LoW as well as my welsh league games oh and still go to wales away whilst I am still in the northern hemisphere.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 18:30
    Its funny, i was chatting about this today to a client, he supports Swindon Town and has a bit of a soft spot for cardiff ( something to do with getting his head kicked in, in the 80's at a game )
    I agree, for me the stadium is lacking something, couple that with Tan, Slade and Young and I find going to matches a chore sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Countisbury wrote on Wed, 22 April 2015 07:50
    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 18:30
    I looked back and thought when did my interest / passion wane, it must have been the last season at NP, stood on the BB was great stuff, then my 6yr daughter used to come to all the games with me ( for that last season ) it was great ( apart from the Ipswich game AND the plastic balls from hyper value )
    Don't agree about the stadium - anyone who was there for Wales v Bosnia had proof that it's not that which is the problem. Just like atmosphere is not created by a lot of steel and concrete, the same applies to football clubs that are going to pot - in both cases, it's people who create those situations.

You must be one of the fickle fans that a high profile supporter is complaining of on Facebook

Totally agree with you BTW.

However come Augus

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 14:36

No doubt about it, it will take a long time to rebuild the damage done by Tan's rebrand. On top of that, the football has been dire, which clearly does not help.

For me, I do feel like it's my club again, but my passion is not what it was prior to the rebrand, it's merely higher than it was during the rebrand.

The rebrand remains, and will be seen as perhaps the most monumental error that an owner ever took - largely because it was so totally unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 16:47
    Those who wanted tickets got them cheers Dave.