+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "I'm City til i die"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"I'm City til i die"

and are not in the top 6, or the PL.

Some real Die Hard fans who were going when we were in division 14, against Camarthen away, somehow decide that the football is too shit to watch anymore.

What happened to as long as we were in blue i dont care what league we are in?

Rather blue in League 2, than Red in the PL?

All a load of bollocks. See you all again when we are on the rise no doubt.

Re: "I'm City til i die"

You do have a point.

Unless you were there in the dark days when Derek Showers was our only attaking threat you are just dirt on our boots.

Slade Out

Interesting views in the Echo yesterday from the bloke who had supported City since the 1970s (we must have been getting 100,000 in those days)who had a season ticket under Dave Jones but thought he would lose out on a Premier League ST (how??). In other words, he re-joined the bandwagon when we were top 6 Championship and went to Wembley. Now of course they are too bad to watch again.

It is amazing the drop off of fans.

I think the poor crowds in the past with everyone saying they supported them is the likes of me in the early-mid 90s where I supported City, but would pick and choose games. I was there with 6,000 fans on a cold wet tuesday night vs Rochdale, but that doesn't mean I was there every week.

That's what we're going back to, people will still deem themselves as City supporters but they will just pick and choose games and not necessarily be a season ticket holder.

I renewed as we went back to blue, and am surprised at number of people who haven't renewed.

Considering it was famously the "City" part of our name left off the Brighton scarves, the title of this thread could easily be from the height of the rebrand.

What a load of rubbish. Simple, if you don't enjoy going don't go. Don't see a reason why people have to be season ticket holders to be true supporters.

If the standard of football and value for money isn't in it, I'll have a kickaround with my mates instead.

Sorry that I don't enjoy being sat in a sterile stadium, £4 for a pint, hate the ownership and running of the club and watching a crap team on the pitch.

Loyalty argument in football is a con to make more money out of you, especially at the higher end of the leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue O wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 15:57
    It is amazing the drop off of fans.
    You picked the wrong visit mate

I take the view that you can take a break from going to games, but to me you're still city whether you've had a ST for fifty years or just go to the occasional game.
    This season though, I'm concerned about the message we're sending to Tan.
    We finally got our own way, then promptly fecked off, "proving" to him that we're not that bothered about our identity after all.

Banned

The footballing public of cardiff have always been a fickle glory hunting bunch with a list of excuses not to watch their local team as long as your arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 15:33
    Interesting views in the Echo yesterday from the bloke who had supported City since the 1970s (we must have been getting 100,000 in those days)who had a season ticket under Dave Jones but thought he would lose out on a Premier League ST (how??). In other words, he re-joined the bandwagon when we were top 6 Championship and went to Wembley. Now of course they are too bad to watch again.
    We all hate what has happened since Tan came in, Slade is dire, and City won't get the crowds back until the football improves, or Slade goes, or Tan goes, or probably all three.

The price to watch that sort of quality is what puts me off.

£28 per game or as high as £33 in the Grandstand; that's unbelievable and we don't/haven't got any sort of value for money under Slade, and Solskjaer for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by bezooo wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 15:19
    I will be back next season'like many shit seasons before.But i aint getting ticket,s for the stay away's if we get a plum tie in one of next season's cup's.Although the phone wont stop ringing if we do with people bleating about bullshit reasons they dont come any more.F/uck the turncoats.I will be there in blue.Rain or shine.Whatever the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Saundersfootblue wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 15:27
    Some real Die Hard fans who were going when we were in division 14, against Camarthen away, somehow decide that the football is too shit to watch anymore.
    If any of my mates want tickets for "plum" ties, I'll get them one.

What colour shirt goes with a plum tie?
    red perhaps?

Couldn't put it better myself,true City fans turn up no matter how bad it becomes, others find a cause or reason not to go to justify their non appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by ragbone Red wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 16:10
    true City fans turn up no matter how bad it becomes, others find a cause or reason not to go to justify their non appearance.
    Even though they don't need to. Or maybe they have a good reason but others can't get their heads around it?

Cardiff City do my fecking head in at the moment but they're still my club.

Are people still fooled by the "true" and "real" tags at a club where the away fan is king and the home fan is a customer? Do people still think that stay away customers need to justify their stance? In a world where football is compared to cinemas and cereals, I wonder how many of you buy inferior products from badly run companies out of loyalty?

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Wed, 22 April 2015 08:03
    What happened to as long as we were in blue i dont care what league we are in?
    Apple?

Thanks for your concern

There's one big difference between the current shite passed as entertainment to by-gone years and that is it used to be cheap and was'nt a big part of your disposable income taken up, i've been through the Durban,Neal,Hibbit,Osman and every other shite manager we've had, we were crap but it was a couple of hours out and it did'nt cost no more than the equivelevant of a couple of pints. Now for the cost of me and my boy it's taking up a huge percentage of my disposable income and it just is'nt value for money, players such as Noone are on more for 90mins masquearading as footballers than what i earn in a 12 month laying bricks.It's not the fans that are at fault but overpaid prima donnas picking up easy money for no effort.

Maybe it's not just Cardiff - football is rubbish (in terms of structure). Get to the Prem and pick up the massive cheque or spend it on below standard players and managers. It's all a bit desperate and pathetic. When we were in the dungeon we were a world away from all that, and even when we were challenging under DJ we were 'innocent'. And such is the mentality of fans in this country, some people are saying we should keep feeding this tiresome, bloated beast.

The consolation is to build a team that plays like Bournemouth. Which we don't.

Maybe its to do with our age? I never missed a game in the late 80's and 90's but I find it hard work to go these days.
    Those days I was in my prime being late teens /early twenties and loved everything about City.
    Everything since the rebrand has pushed me further from the club and now in spite of having a season ticket, I have missed quite a few games.
    There is no particular reason apart from I have better things to do than watch that dross. I've just lost all enthusiasm.
    I will probably get a season ticket but like hell will I give Tan a penny until August.

Anyone who says' I'm City till I die' can't be a proper fan anyway. Why would you sing a long standing Jack song?