+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Whitts Appreciation Day

Whitts Appreciation Day

What's the chance that Forest away will be Whittingham's last game for the City? He's been a hell of a servant to the City especially in these days of players thinking the grass is greener at the drop of a hat. He's also the last link with Ninian Park, the FA Cup Final and the feel good factor that kick started the dramatic increase in season ticket sales. He must be the only City player to score in two games to get us to Wembley, Boro away and Leicester away. Make Forest, a team that coveted him, a Peter Whittingham Appreciation Day, we may never see such a loyal player again in a City shirt again.

Re: Whitts Appreciation Day

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 19:33
    What's the chance that Forest away will be Whittingham's last game for the City? He's been a hell of a servant to the City especially in these days of players thinking the grass is greener at the drop of a hat. He's also the last link with Ninian Park, the FA Cup Final and the feel good factor that kick started the dramatic increase in season ticket sales. He must be the only City player to score in two games to get us to Wembley, Boro away and Leicester away. Make Forest, a team that coveted him, a Peter Whittingham Appreciation Day, we may never see such a loyal player again in a City shirt again.
    Appreciation should also Ben shown to him in Saturday.

Feedback

Why would it be his last game? The guy is class and whilst he has been poor this season that is more to do with tactics and positioning.

Any decent manager would be able to see that. wait a second...

As a clubman, he's up there with Peter King for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 19:39
    I thinks that's a great idea. The lad thoroughly deserves something like this given his wonderful service to the club over the year, especially if, as you suggest, it may be his last game for the club.
    Thought you were off the sherry Croesy

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 20:00
    I thinks that's a great idea. The lad thoroughly deserves something like this given his wonderful service to the club over the year, especially if, as you suggest, it may be his last game for the club.
    Appreciation should also Ben shown to him in Saturday.
    Typos on the I pad. My sincere apologies to you.

[quote title=The Local Boy wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 19:46]Why would it be his last game? The guy is class and whilst he has been poor this season that is more to do with tactics and positioning.

Any decent manager would be able to see that. wait a second...[/quote. It wouldn't be a shock if he was sold in the summer while he still has some worth, as you say, he's class and, no doubt other more savvy managers are watching the goings on down the City and most in this division would snap him up in a heartbeat. Would be a shame if he did move on without genuine thanks from us, once he's gone, he's gone but doesn't matter if he did remain, he still deserves our gratitude at some point, great servant! It would be a focal point at Forest, anything to create some atmosphere.

Feedback

@SP

I'd be gutted if he went. He's cardiff through and through and has settled here. His head was never turned when bigger clubs came sniffing and I really would like to think the club would reward that loyalty as he still has a lot to give.

Sadly our club doesn't fill me with confidence in that respect.

Last day of he season = fancy dress

Why don't every go as.....hmmmm

Peter Whittingham

He recently signed a new contract and is here until July 2017.

Favourite Whittingham goal - http://youtu.be/1YyVAoocuPg http://youtu.be/RZsgXUVtYqM

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 21:35
    He recently signed a new contract and is here until July 2017.
    Contract any club that offers money him, Whitts will be shovelled out, I fear, unfortunately.

Whitts isn't too far away from a testimonial. If he does leave it would be fitting for him to have one before he went, even if it was early.

Quote Originally Posted by The Local Boy wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 19:46
    Why would it be his last game? The guy is class and whilst he has been poor this season that is more to do with tactics and positioning.
    He certainly has been class but I'd argue that he's been average for a few seasons now. He was belatedly dropped during our Championship winning season, did little in the Premier League and has been average this season (set pieces apart).

I think he has one more season in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 22:45
    He didn't have a season in him this season. Get rid of the **** now. He has been a good servant, but no sentiment here, he is just nowhere near good enough and past it.

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 22:55
    He didn't have a season in him this season. Get rid of the **** now. He has been a good servant, but no sentiment here, he is just nowhere near good enough and past it.
    We'd probably still be fighting relegation if he wasn't here this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 23:00
    For sure....we would be up shit creek without Whitts goals and assists this season! City legend in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonblue wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 19:53
    As a clubman, he's up there with Peter King for me...
    Peter King is not up there yet, he is still alive and living in Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue blood wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 23:18
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Tue, 21 April 2015 23:00
    For sure....we would be up shit creek without Whitts goals and assists this season! City legend in my opinion.
    And he looks so much better with Mason in front of him!