+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mili-Brand

Re: Mili-Brand

I have just watched it, can anybody tell me what all the fuss is about?

Ed unscathed from a potential Mauling. When is Dave's turn?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDZm9_uKtyo

I think he is questioning better than any of the election debates. Get Brand on the debates, he will get through the waffle to the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Wed, 29 April 2015 09:52
    Vimmy
    And most have never held done a proper job in their life.They ALL have good life styles and live in expensive houses and know little about the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Fila Bj wrote on Wed, 29 April 2015 16:34
    I have just watched it, can anybody tell me what all the fuss is about?
    Nothing ground-breaking though, but a good day at the office for Leader of the Opposition.

Or should we just settle for Gary Barlow?

Quote Originally Posted by gnasher wrote on Wed, 29 April 2015 18:56
    One thing is for sure, the Conservatives certainly underestimated Ed Miliband, and Cameron ducking the TV debate is not looking so clever now.

Blog Entries

What a well-matched pair - vapid brain-dead numpties. ....oh but he has millions of followers on Twitter. Oh Gawd. Says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 20:43
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/28/ed-miliband- spotted-leaving-russell-brand-london-home
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Tue, 28 April 2015 20:40
    I see Russell Brand is turning out to be just what I predicted, a tool.
    You got it half right me ol mukkaa

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 20:43
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/28/ed-miliband- spotted-leaving-russell-brand-london-home
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Tue, 28 April 2015 20:40
    I see Russell Brand is turning out to be just what I predicted, a tool.
    So does that two faced chameleon buller boy

Scene: Russell Brand's living room.
    Russell Brand: "Forsooth, corluvaduck! Who crosseth o'er the threshold of me 'umble abode? Why! 'Tis Ed Miliband, aspirant perpetuator of patriarchal corporate hegemony! Ed Miliband! Bread Killer Banned, Spread Filly Gland, Red Willy Hand, Dead Silly Brand!"
    Ed Miliband: "Now, look. Let me clear about this, Russell, because I want to be clear about it. Hello, I'm pleased to meet you."
    Russell Brand: "Pray be seated upon thy dinky bum-bum, young Edward. I thank thee for thine acceptance of mine gracious summons. I wouldst fain have a right good chin-wag wiv thee concernin' great matters of state. To whit, my liege: how could a Labour administration be relied upon to shift the dialectic narrative from the pre-existing bourgeois power structure to a visceral post-Nietzschean belief matrix paradigm?"
    Ed Miliband: "Russell, I think that's a tremendously important question, which I'm going to answer very directly, as follows. If what you're asking me is, Would I like a nice cup of tea, then I have to say to you: yes please."
    Russell Brand: "I fear, Eduardo, that thou hast a trifle misunderstood, me old china. Let me put it in plain English. Prithee, why shouldst the electorate expect you as prime minister to effect a total revolution in consciousness of a society anaesthetised into unquestioning compliance by the tacitly enforced pursuit of consumerist trinkets?"
    Ed Miliband: "Now, look. Let's be very clear about this, Russell, because I think that's the right thing to do. If you're asking me, What do I think of the decor in your flat, then quite frankly, I've got to say to you: I think it's very nice."
    Russell Brand: "Ed! Ed, Ted, Jed, Ned, Judge Dredd, Right Said Fred! Once more 'twould seem that thou art dodgin' me probin' queries, thou impish rapscallion! One last go. How can you ask people to vote for a Labour Party still cravenly supplicant to corporate tyranny?"
    Ed Miliband: "Russell, I think you've made a very important point. Let me respond to it simply. If you're asking me, Would I care for a slice of your mother's delicious home-made lemon drizzle cake, then I've got to be honest with you: no thanks, I had dinner at home before I came out."
    Russell Brand: "Zounds! 'Tis impossible to get a word of sense out of you! Honestly, Teddy me lad you'll never win this 'ere election if you can't even have a simple conversation about soi-disant hegemonic post-Barthesian neoliberalism!"
    Ed Miliband: "Thanks very much, Russell! Great to be with you! And if I may say so good luck with the new album!"

Michael Deacon Daily Telegraph

Even better was this Letter to the Editor in the same edition:

"SIR Why on earth did Ed Miliband feel the need to visit Russell Brand? This vacuous, self-obsessed millionaire from a privileged background sees himself as some kind of Seventies class warrior...and Russell Brand is nearly as bad."

Brilliant!

Brand is self obsessed - he's said as much himself. He's a self proclaimed narcissist.

Lots of his ideas about an egalitarian society based upon some kind of utopian collectivism are romantic but also very naive.

He is on the money though when he describes the faux democracy that we live in, the blinkered mainstream news output and the excessive power of big business and it's influence on govt policy.

For all his many faults and irritating self indulgent personality traits, I do think that he is, for the most part, well intentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit wrote on Fri, 01 May 2015 16:48
    Even better was this Letter to the Editor in the same edition:
    oh he took us one way then went the other! guffaw.