+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Families next on the Tory hit list?

Families next on the Tory hit list?

Re: Families next on the Tory hit list?

I haven't voted since the 90's and I wasn't going to vote this time either but I feel like I have to or I'd feel guilty if the tories got in again. They're hell-bent on squeezing the shite out working people while making sure their rich chums fill their pockets.

Sorry Gluey I'm afraid limiting Child Benefit to the first two children is one Tory policy that seems correct to me.

croesy left is off again

Quote Originally Posted by NECS wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 08:04
    Sorry Gluey I'm afraid limiting Child Benefit to the first two children is one Tory policy that seems correct to me.
    benefits to the deserving

Feedback

Emexcluding the cases at the extremes, it's important to remember that children provides tomorrow's economic output. Put it another way, a childless couple have no way of contributing towards economic output in their retirement whereas those that have families do. That needs to be reflected somewhere somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gluey wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 07:57
    According to Danny Alexander ..
    So, you are now choosing to quote a Liberal Democrat in a left wing publication on a fictional Conservative policy. Desperate bottom of the barrel stuff now.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by packerman wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 08:15
    also means testing child benefit, surely if its done fairly its a good thing, couples earning treble figure salaries don't need child benefit do they
    That's it. Give more to those that need it and give less or nothing at all to those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by packerman wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 08:04
    croesy left is off again
    I think it is an interesting that Mr Alexander has come out with this, as I thought he was Gideon's best mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gluey wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 08:17
    croesy left is off again
    I think it is an interesting that Mr Alexander has come out with this, as I thought he was Gideon's best mate.
    I don't think that Osborne considers Alexander to be his "mate" in any way, shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 08:15
    According to Danny Alexander ..
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32526461

croesy left is off again
    It's called electioneering as you well know. They'll be best mates again if a deal is done after the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 08:26
    croesy left is off again
    It's called electioneering as you well know. They'll be best mates again if a deal is done after the election.
    Unfortunately the SNP will hold the balance of power, and the LibDems are toast. Latest polls suggest Clegg may even lose his seat. Not sure about Alexander.

croesy left is off again
    don't think politicians have mates, bit like the wizards in the unseen university

Quote Originally Posted by packerman wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 08:15
    also means testing child benefit, surely if its done fairly its a good thing, couples earning treble figure salaries don't need child benefit do they
    It never is though.

Gluey mush - 1.5 trillion in debt , 30 billion a year in debt interest to pay. The deficit for 2013/14 was approx 100billion (you can work out the interest payments yourself)

The words in the sh1t spring to mind. All parties have signed up 30 billion of savings - it doesnt matter who you vote really - unless you have found a way to reduce the deficit without raising taxes and cutting back on what the Govt spends

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 10:06
    Gluey mush - 1.5 trillion in debt , 30 billion a year in debt interest to pay. The deficit for 2013/14 was approx 100billion (you can work out the interest payments yourself)
    Perhaps stop giving the banks billions and maybe we could crack down on tax evasion.

What about cutting the Child benefit for 16-19 year olds? In my town, they have closed the 6th form in school so my 17-year-old has to get an unsubsidised bus to the next town (about £20 a week). The Child benefit we get pays for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 10:09
    The words in the sh1t spring to mind. All parties have signed up 30 billion of savings - it doesnt matter who you vote really - unless you have found a way to reduce the deficit without raising taxes and cutting back on what the Govt spends
    HSBC have already ensured that this won't happen.

Tax evasion / avoidance by Jimmy Carr and Gary Barlow wont even touch the sides of it - although it makes for a nice political sound bite. And if it puts both of them behind bars - great...

The honey pot is large multi nationals (Google, Apple, Starbucks, Nestle, Microsoft, Vodaphone etc) corporation tax - and weve had this argument before. The UK Govt cant do feck all about it as EU law says a company trading in the EU can domicile themselves in whichever country they like - so they all go to Luxembourg , Republic of Ireland etc. Ireland only charges 12% corporation tax (as you know Im sure) and then due to a series of off shore loans to other companies the corporation tax due just disappears.

It's the StarBucks model of operating - register yourself in Ireland - pay corporation only in Ireland - but StarBucks Ireland has a loan to StarBucks overseas - Cayman Islands for example - that loan is repaid to the Caymans Islands branch etc - and all of a sudden there is very little corporation tax to pay in Ireland.

So Colonel - how do you get around that ? - EU tax law is part of one of the many many treaties - and wont be changing anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 10:21
    Tax evasion / avoidance by Jimmy Carr and Gary Barlow wont even touch the sides of it - although it makes for a nice political sound bite. And if it puts both of them behind bars - great...
    As far as I remember Gary Barlow got off pretty lightly (probably because he's a Tory) compared to Carr. Considering it's Barlow who asks us to make charitable donations to cover for the money he's taken out of the system that was pretty sickening.

Unfettered markets based on right wing economics/ideology lead to increasing levels of inequality, stagnating wages, and a hollowing out of decent, middle-income jobs, bit the rich do get richer

"We manage to come together to bomb/invade (insert a random middle eastern country) so why can't our politicians do so to stop multinational companies manipulate the tax system? "

They can - but choose not to - EU treaty change / amendments (I think) need all 25 countries to agree , and there would be so much extra red tape added - it will take decades. They first started it in the early 1990's and now they think the changes will be in place by 2020

Do some research on CAP - Common Agricultural Policy of the EU - if you want to lose the will to live.

Barlow, Moyles, Carr and the rest agreed to pay it back I think - HMRC are to 'blame' for that - they appear to make up decisions as they go. Same as the non Dom rule annual payment

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 10:09
    the banks haven't been given billions.

Feedback

I went to see my doctor today and was given a prescription. When I was in the pharmacy I asked whether the medicine was available to buy and she said yes, so I bought it for £3.50. I have no idea how much a prescription costs the NHS but if doctors stopped giving them out wily nily the NHS would be in a better position than it is now.