+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Families next on the Tory hit list?

Feedback

Re: Families next on the Tory hit list?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 13:18
    Its not just a sense of entitlement that's the issue, its that's its a legal entitlement as well.
    of course they do, but god help the politician that targets the block pension vote. the triple lock is madness and arithmetic says it is unsustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by The Local Boy wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 13:10
    Gluey mush - 1.5 trillion in debt , 30 billion a year in debt interest to pay. The deficit for 2013/14 was approx 100billion (you can work out the interest payments yourself)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 12:51
    The words in the sh1t spring to mind. All parties have signed up 30 billion of savings - it doesnt matter who you vote really - unless you have found a way to reduce the deficit without raising taxes and cutting back on what the Govt spends
    Quote Originally Posted by The Local Boy wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 11:26
    I went to see my doctor today and was given a prescription. When I was in the pharmacy I asked whether the medicine was available to buy and she said yes, so I bought it for £3.50. I have no idea how much a prescription costs the NHS but if doctors stopped giving them out wily nily the NHS would be in a better position than it is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 10:06
    I believe it costs £7 to cover the cost of a prescription, not including the drugs. So you saved them atleast £7.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/election-2015-32519586

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 13:41
    Gluey mush - 1.5 trillion in debt , 30 billion a year in debt interest to pay. The deficit for 2013/14 was approx 100billion (you can work out the interest payments yourself)
    The words in the sh1t spring to mind. All parties have signed up 30 billion of savings - it doesnt matter who you vote really - unless you have found a way to reduce the deficit without raising taxes and cutting back on what the Govt spends
    I went to see my doctor today and was given a prescription. When I was in the pharmacy I asked whether the medicine was available to buy and she said yes, so I bought it for £3.50. I have no idea how much a prescription costs the NHS but if doctors stopped giving them out wily nily the NHS would be in a better position than it is now.
    I believe it costs £7 to cover the cost of a prescription, not including the drugs. So you saved them atleast £7.
    the point being made was that many in this country have a sense of entitlement and use state resources irrespective of whether they need them or not.
    Jesus Chist no-wonder they've been keeping silent

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 13:18
    Its not just a sense of entitlement that's the issue, its that's its a legal entitlement as well.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 13:20
    According to Danny Alexander ..
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 13:09
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/29/danny-alexan der-tory-plans-welfare-cuts-child-benefits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 13:00
    So, you are now choosing to quote a Liberal Democrat in a left wing publication on a fictional Conservative policy. Desperate bottom of the barrel stuff now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 12:55
    Where are the welfare cuts coming from then? There has to be some, they have made it 100% crystal clear they will be cutting the welfare bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 08:15
    Croesy is quite happy for the Tories to just say 12bn of cuts to welfare without telling anyone where the first pound comes from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gluey wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 07:57
    They could say 120bn of cuts and he would love it.
    Hit the nail on the head, LAbour HAVE and WILL increase the tax on the working person (its what they do). But yet we dont hear about that side of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 14:05
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/29/danny-alexan der-tory-plans-welfare-cuts-child-benefits
    So, you are now choosing to quote a Liberal Democrat in a left wing publication on a fictional Conservative policy. Desperate bottom of the barrel stuff now.
    Where are the welfare cuts coming from then? There has to be some, they have made it 100% crystal clear they will be cutting the welfare bill.
    Croesy is quite happy for the Tories to just say 12bn of cuts to welfare without telling anyone where the first pound comes from.
    Have any of the parties who have said that there are going to be significant cuts in spending - Labour included - yet said where the cuts are going to come from?
    That left wing enough for you?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 13:41
    the point being made was that many in this country have a sense of entitlement and use state resources irrespective of whether they need them or not.
    to throw a cat amongst the pigeons, can't really see a problem with that although back to my point earlier, without children we have no economic output in the future. Should that be recognised or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 14:40
    Have any of the parties who have said that there are going to be significant cuts in spending - Labour included - yet said where the cuts are going to come from?
    The answer, as you well know, is no they haven't.
    You have got it all wrong. Labour tax everyone, not the rich. They add taxes and stealth taxes to anything they can. Its the common person who ends up paying for labours spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 12:35
    Well the polls are so close now, who knows if the Tory party will get a chance to do any of this anyway.
    North Cardiff looking ever increasing Red

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 12:02
    They (Alexander and Cameron) can debate it in opposition - if Alexander keeps his seat.

True Croesy - which is why those parties will not get my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 15:57
    TUSC standing in your neck of the woods then is it?

Anybody not voting blue next week is just voting for an end to our great nation.

Why cannot people see it?

The Tories need to bang this drum louder and louder until it is ear splitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 15:58
    Nope. I think it's time to start investing (the growth figures back this up for me) - so I will vote for one of the parties that says austerity needs to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 16:08
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 15:58
    You cant keep "investing" money you don't actually have though. Until we have sorted out the defecit and the debt is starting t come down then we need to be very careful about what and how we invest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 16:04
    Anybody not voting blue next week is just voting for an end to our great nation.
    I wonder - what would they have made of your Conservative posturing?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 17:33

Quote Originally Posted by The Local Boy wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 17:45
    Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 17:33
    The Tories need to bang this drum louder and louder until it is ear splitting.
    However, my thinking there was what The Ramones would make of CH! Not the other way around.

Feedback

Now you've explained it like that... #feelsabitstupid

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 15:35
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 14:40
    I'm most interested in Labour's plans for tax and the Tory plan for cuts.
    Oh no wait that was the Tories