+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Families next on the Tory hit list?

Re: Families next on the Tory hit list?

Quote Originally Posted by Gluey wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 07:57
    According to Danny Alexander ..
    Whatever you think of the tories which is not a lot from my perspective, you just have to think back to the previous labour regime and think again. Not worth a pot of piss any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gluey wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 08:31
    croesy left is off again
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 08:26
    I think it is an interesting that Mr Alexander has come out with this, as I thought he was Gideon's best mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gluey wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 08:17
    It's called electioneering as you well know. They'll be best mates again if a deal is done after the election.
    Quote Originally Posted by packerman wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 08:04
    Unfortunately the SNP will hold the balance of power, and the LibDems are toast. Latest polls suggest Clegg may even lose his seat. Not sure about Alexander.
    All the polls for months have shown Danny Alexander being wiped out by the SNP surge.

It pains me to say it'but the enemy have it right on this one.I had four children'and the extra money helped.But some people are using children now as a source of income.And with contraception readily available'There is no excuse for the taxpayer to fund these family's.However'i would never vote Tory.Nasty horrible creachers.

Only small savings but a step in the right direction.

Good job the electorate are going to throw him out next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 12:02
    If the Tories are not going to cut child benefit, why don't they pledge to pass a law within 100 days of entering office that they will not cut child benefit?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 10:21
    Tax evasion / avoidance by Jimmy Carr and Gary Barlow wont even touch the sides of it - although it makes for a nice political sound bite. And if it puts both of them behind bars - great...
    How about a one world government, like a new world order sort of thing?

Well the polls are so close now, who knows if the Tory party will get a chance to do any of this anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 12:35
    Well the polls are so close now, who knows if the Tory party will get a chance to do any of this anyway.
    Yes you are quite right - there are, however, an ever increasing number of "rogue" polls showing the Conservatives with an icreasing poll lead, including this mornings Ipsos Mori poll.

Quote Originally Posted by packerman wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 08:48
    croesy left is off again
    Quote Originally Posted by Gluey wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 08:17
    I think it is an interesting that Mr Alexander has come out with this, as I thought he was Gideon's best mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by packerman wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 08:04
    don't think politicians have mates, bit like the wizards in the unseen university
    The Conservatives have Michael, of course.

Its the welfare cuts that are probably going to stop me voting tory. I agree that benefits should never give anyone any reason to stay on them, there should always be an incentive to work, but I am worried how far they will go.

But if you consider the tories are planning on giving everyone 30 hours free childcare, then this should be balanced by a reduction in child benefit to level the field.

And the cuts that are planned I would agree with them, and I have a 3 week old baby so will feel the full effects. The only one I don't agree with is removing the extra money for the first child.

phwoar! Rogue polls eh!

To be frank, barring complete gaffe's I am fairly certain that the Tories will nudge ahead when it comes to it.

But 'un-electable' Ed eh?! - He has absolutely run them to the wire.
    And may yet still pull it off.

Not wishing to deviate from the subject of this thread - nor pander to the notion that it really is the daft media-cenrtric game that 'choosing how we are governed' has become .

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 12:02
    Not like you to make such a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 12:47
    phwoar! Rogue polls eh!
    I don't understand why so many Labour supporters don't support Milliband. Did they have too many years of success under the war criminal Tony Blair?

Quote Originally Posted by The Local Boy wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 11:26
    Gluey mush - 1.5 trillion in debt , 30 billion a year in debt interest to pay. The deficit for 2013/14 was approx 100billion (you can work out the interest payments yourself)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 10:06
    The words in the sh1t spring to mind. All parties have signed up 30 billion of savings - it doesnt matter who you vote really - unless you have found a way to reduce the deficit without raising taxes and cutting back on what the Govt spends
    I believe it costs £7 to cover the cost of a prescription, not including the drugs. So you saved them atleast £7.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 08:15
    Where are the welfare cuts coming from then? There has to be some, they have made it 100% crystal clear they will be cutting the welfare bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 12:55
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/29/danny-alexan der-tory-plans-welfare-cuts-child-benefits
    So, you are now choosing to quote a Liberal Democrat in a left wing publication on a fictional Conservative policy. Desperate bottom of the barrel stuff now.
    They could say 120bn of cuts and he would love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 13:00
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/29/danny-alexan der-tory-plans-welfare-cuts-child-benefits
    So, you are now choosing to quote a Liberal Democrat in a left wing publication on a fictional Conservative policy. Desperate bottom of the barrel stuff now.
    Where are the welfare cuts coming from then? There has to be some, they have made it 100% crystal clear they will be cutting the welfare bill.
    The answer, as you well know, is no they haven't.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 12:51
    Gluey mush - 1.5 trillion in debt , 30 billion a year in debt interest to pay. The deficit for 2013/14 was approx 100billion (you can work out the interest payments yourself)
    The words in the sh1t spring to mind. All parties have signed up 30 billion of savings - it doesnt matter who you vote really - unless you have found a way to reduce the deficit without raising taxes and cutting back on what the Govt spends
    I went to see my doctor today and was given a prescription. When I was in the pharmacy I asked whether the medicine was available to buy and she said yes, so I bought it for £3.50. I have no idea how much a prescription costs the NHS but if doctors stopped giving them out wily nily the NHS would be in a better position than it is now.
    if everybody took what they needed then we'd have more to go around for those with a genuine need rather than the messed up system we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 13:09
    Croesy is quite happy for the Tories to just say 12bn of cuts to welfare without telling anyone where the first pound comes from.
    I will be basing my vote on who I believe is going to more fairly pay for the necessary deficit reduction. Which will be the party more greatly aligned to taking the money from the better off in society as opposed to continuously targeting working and low income families.

Quote Originally Posted by The Local Boy wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 13:10
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 12:51
    I went to see my doctor today and was given a prescription. When I was in the pharmacy I asked whether the medicine was available to buy and she said yes, so I bought it for £3.50. I have no idea how much a prescription costs the NHS but if doctors stopped giving them out wily nily the NHS would be in a better position than it is now.
    I believe it costs £7 to cover the cost of a prescription, not including the drugs. So you saved them atleast £7.
    bus passes, winter fuel allowance etc NEED to be means tested. There really isn't any excuse.

Croesy is quite happy for the Tories to just say 12bn of cuts to welfare without telling anyone where the first pound comes from.
    I'm most interested in Labour's plans for tax and the Tory plan for cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 13:14
    And nobody knows who that it because none of them has as yet said where the cuts are coming from. You stand there accusing the Conservative Party, yet your lot are no different.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 13:21
    Have any of the parties who have said that there are going to be significant cuts in spending - Labour included - yet said where the cuts are going to come from?
    Why aren't the Tories attacking labour over their plans for cuts?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 13:21
    Have any of the parties who have said that there are going to be significant cuts in spending - Labour included - yet said where the cuts are going to come from?
    You really don't read peoples posts very well do you?