+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: At last!

At last!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/capita-c hosen-design-cardiffs-27m-9142388

(well...almost, it seems motorists will still have to drive through the steel works and alongside the travellers camp @ Rover Way to get to the Lamby Way roundabout/Eastern Ave )

Re: At last!

About time. What's the point in having a nice Bay area if people can't get to it? Should have been sorted much sooner.

This is how the council works, money first think later. Look at how they want to increase the population of cardiff by a third again. Loads of houses, any new roads, rail, trams, schools etc.....don't be silly. The traffic will end up worse than Bristol soon.

Heisenberg

Infrastructure in Cardiff??!! Next we'll have a competent manager!

If ever there was a case for a 'cut and cover' tunnel then this is it!

What a great first impression of Cardiff this is going to be for tourists

In fairness the Council tried to sort out the roads in Cardiff 40 years ago. Anyone remember the Hook Road?

Won't this just move the bottleneck to Rover Way/ Southern Way

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 17:55
    Won't this just move the bottleneck to Rover Way/ Southern Way

Feedback

It's not a continuation of the a4232. It a new road from the Queens gate south roundabout to the roundabout at the bottom of ocean way.

Coming from penarth you will still have to come off the roundabout rather than travel over the ski jump

To be fair to the Council they have had plans on the books for a complete dual carriageway extension of the A4232 from the Tunnel up to A48M/M4 on the east side of Cardiff for many years. The funding has just not been forthcoming from the Welsh Government whose responsibility Trunk Roads is. This scheme will no doubt help but is very much a second prize in terms of what was originally envisaged years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 14:52
    Infrastructure in Cardiff??!! Next we'll have a competent manager!

Quote Originally Posted by The Local Boy wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 18:04
    It's not a continuation of the a4232. It a new road from the Queens gate south roundabout to the roundabout at the bottom of ocean way.
    When I worked for the Council I was told that the "ski jump" was not part of a continuation of the road from the tunnel to an extension towards the M4 but a Russell Goodway two fingered gesture to the Welsh Assembly who were not providing the funding for a road which, when extended to link to the M4 on the east , would completely encircle Cardiff and improve access.

Feedback

Someone should have told Russell the Welsh assembly were in the other direction

I did the brickwork on the sides of the flyover to nowhere in 1992, I regard it as my folly