+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lib dems

Lib dems

Now in my area, its a straight Lib Dem or the Tories

Now, I cannot vote Tories

I have Twice ( in the last 3 weeks ) had a representative from the local Lib Dem guy on the phone, the latest was this afternoon

They are honest in the " Vote Lib Dem to keep the Tories out " bit, fair enough

BUT where that used to work, the last election, it didnt, as they " got into bed with the Tories, to hand them Power ", when i point this out to the " guy on the phone " he questioned " will that be the case this time though ?, surely UKIP will be closer to the Tories ? "

Have i missed it when the Lib dems has dismissed a coalition

a quick google brings this from Sky

Nick Clegg has laid down another red line for any future coalition negotiations.

He has insisted he will not go into a partnership with Labour or the Conservatives unless they agree to raise the personal tax allowance to £12,500 by 2020.

So reading that, a coalition with the Tories is still on the cards ? ? ? Despite the last 4 years

though from the times online

Nick Clegg will face huge resistance from within his own party if he tries to push through a second coalition deal with the Conservatives, according to Liberal Democrats at every level.
    The Lib Dem leader will struggle to get the formal authorisation needed from the party's MPs, governing bodies and two thirds of his grassroots members at a special meeting if he wants to do another deal with the Tories.

Which doesnt help my predicament, I want to vote to keep the Tories out of power, but my choice is Vote Lib Dems who may or may not let the Tories back in

Re: Lib dems

If its lib dem or Tory in your area then surely a vote for lib dem is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 16:33
    I just dont know, as a vote for the Lib-dems could just be a vote for the tories

If it's a straight choice between the Lib Dems and Tories, not voting Lib Dem because of their coalition with the Dark Side doesn't make much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 16:39
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 16:33
    incase they choose not to continue with the con-dem coalition ?? ? ?
    The Lib-Dems stand by the comment that the party with the most seats deserve to be in power and then negotiate with that party.

In Scotland Scottish Labour MP's could be losing their seats to SNP only to see Ed try to woo those MP's a few days later, I don't think those former Labour MP's will be getting much attention. On the other hand, thousands will be voting SNP over Scottish Labour and will end up seeing the SNP try to do a deal to get Ed into power.

Switching focus, David Cameron has spoken almost daily about the potential deal between Labour and the SNP but refuses to rule out a deal between Tory and UKIP or the right leaning Northern Irish parties.

Looking over to the more coalition experienced Europe, I believe it was TBG who pointed out that in one European country the centre left and centre right party formed a coalition to keep the nationalist/extreme parties out so don't rule out that either!

The only things you can know for sure is that the party that wins the most seats will end up in some form of control (as a minor party you can't really do a deal that goes against the wishes of the majority of the UK) and that each party will try it's best to get their ideas into Number 10. If you don't want a Tory MP representing your area then vote lib dem, you don't really have a say in much else.

Murdoch is ruling this country when are people going to wake up the Tories are under his thumb just look at his newspaper and in Scotland he's backing the SNP again just look at his newspaper to keep Labour out . People should be asking themselves do they want to be ruled by Murdoch

Blog Entries

Who?

Clegg has repeatedly said that he would feel obliged to try and form a coalition with the party with most seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 18:11
    Clegg has repeatedly said that he would feel obliged to try and form a coalition with the party with most seats.
    Or the party with the most faces

Have you considered moving?

Feedback

Vote for what you believe in And not tactical voting