+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest from the Hillsborough Inquiry

Latest from the Hillsborough Inquiry

Re: Latest from the Hillsborough Inquiry

The inquiry seems to be showing the role the establishment played in shifting the blame and masking the truth.

If evidenced it'll be interesting to see what the repercussions will be for those who played prominent roles in the supposed charade?

Can those cops be brought to justice if they've retired?

Obviously not ALL the Liverpool fans had been drinking, I doubt very much that any of the 96 that died had.

However, it's obvious that a a large percentage of fans had been drinking, some turned up without tickets, and others turned up late, have any of these come forward?

Fans turning up late and drunk on a hot day, sounds pretty normal! Think I will stick to the Taylor report, the man in charge has admitted he was out of his depth, 26 years later!

Quote Originally Posted by Daiyatollah wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 22:33
    Fans turning up late and drunk on a hot day, sounds pretty normal! Think I will stick to the Taylor report, the man in charge has admitted he was out of his depth, 26 years later!
    If everyone had turned up in plenty of time, with tickets, and sober, then there would have been no bad decisions, no cover up, and 96 people could still be with us now. Very sad.

I can accept someone making the mistake of opening the gates. The police had to make a decision and on reflection chose the wrong one

Covering it up and lying to the families of the deceased for nearly 30 years is a totally different thing. If some of the things coming out now turn out to be true, some of these people should end up behind bars.

In my opininion

What's there to admit to,since when has a football fan arrived early to a game especially away? "Ticketless" fans where not to blame, the replica semi in 88 was policed differently as they had a competent leader!

Not for a moment saying that it was the fan's fault, was a total cock up by police and in particular the man in charge.

What followed, was in the words of the OP shameful

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 22:14
    Obviously not ALL the Liverpool fans had been drinking, I doubt very much that any of the 96 that died had.
    Unless of course you have some evidence of this, in which case I'm sure the SYP would love to hear from you to to support their lies

A large percentage of football fans going to any away game, like to have a few beers before the game, that's my experience, it's not bollocks at all.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue wrote on Fri, 01 May 2015 08:39
    A large percentage of football fans going to any away game, like to have a few beers before the game, that's my experience, it's not bollocks at all.
    Given that the game was abandoned after 6 minutes, meaning that the crush and problems happened a while before that, i'm not even sure 'turning up late' is accurate. I'd say turning up late would be turning up at anything after 2.55 by which time the damage was done.

Quote Originally Posted by KP wrote on Fri, 01 May 2015 09:19
    Yes, that is perhaps fair, but why do you feel the need to add the 'turning up without tickets' point.
    I'm referring to the fans that did all three, had a drink, didn't have a ticket, and arrived just before KO.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue wrote on Fri, 01 May 2015 09:28
    Yes, that is perhaps fair, but why do you feel the need to add the 'turning up without tickets' point.
    Why would anyone need to come forward for turning up to a football match after a few beers and late.
    Maybe there were liverpool fans that turned up without tickets, they were known for this in the 80s which is one of the reasons why this lie has been maintained for 26 years, however I personally don't believe this was factor in what happened. The disaster was at least 95% caused by police incompetence, end of story.

Why would anyone need to come forward for turning up to a football match after a few beers and late.
    I remember that we played at Hereford sometime in the 80's or 90's and they opened the gates and let 100's ~ 1000 enter in one go. Fortunately there were no incidents but it was still a very questionable decision.

So the twice it nearly happened before, their fans had a drink, didn't have a ticket and arrived just before kick off ! Funny coincidence that init.

Quote Originally Posted by KP wrote on Fri, 01 May 2015 09:42
    Given that the game was abandoned after 6 minutes, meaning that the crush and problems happened a while before that, i'm not even sure 'turning up late' is accurate. I'd say turning up late would be turning up at anything after 2.55 by which time the damage was done.
    In my opinion, the bad decisions made by the stewards and police were made because of some fans actions, the cover up though was a big mistake, and I bet the police wish they'd just told the truth in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue wrote on Fri, 01 May 2015 11:18
    Maybe I wasn't making my point clearly.
    So what you say doesn't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Fri, 01 May 2015 12:34
    I'm referring to the fans that did all three, had a drink, didn't have a ticket, and arrived just before KO.
    I'm not saying the police were not to blame, I'm saying their mistakes were caused because of the actions of some of the fans.

You said the fans were to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Thu, 30 April 2015 18:09
    If true, then this is shameful, utterly shamefull
    He must be stripped of his knighthood and his pension.Then charged with manslaughter.

Watched a youtube video which included a quote about the political divide in El Classico, "it's a myth that suits us both", and perhaps it can apply here too - the families not having to face yet another truth while those who covered their tracks getting all the blame is agreeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Saundersfootblue wrote on Fri, 01 May 2015 13:11
    There were people in No 10 as well as one of the local MPs (Sir Irvine Patnick) who transmitted and amplified the SYP lies in the days after the tragedy. Patnick was the messenger between SYP and The Sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot wrote on Fri, 01 May 2015 09:43
    I remember that we played at Hereford sometime in the 80's or 90's and they opened the gates and let 100's ~ 1000 enter in one go. Fortunately there were no incidents but it was still a very questionable decision.
    I remember that. It happened quite a few times in the 80s & 90s. I guess the idea was to let all the fans in the ground where the Police could keep the crowd together and off the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Saundersfootblue wrote on Fri, 01 May 2015 13:11
    Well said Sir!