+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales Online / Echo Article

Wales Online / Echo Article

Open letter from Echo / WO to Vincent Tan, urging change of manager. They are gradually nailing their colours to the mast and, if there is any prospect of getting a change of leadership, all of the messageboards have got to be seen to be supporting their stance.

I know so many on here are disillusioned and just want the end of the season to arrive, but I believe that it will be important to continue to exert whatever pressure we can in the coming weeks.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/op en-letter-cardiff-city-owner-9156347

Re: Wales Online / Echo Article

"One of the worst seasons in the history of Cardiff City FC"

Not even a hint of hyperbole there. Didn't read beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 wrote on Fri, 01 May 2015 07:45
    We need someone with a knowledge of football, NOT a frigging headmaster.

Given the expectations for this season, I think a case can be made that it was was one of the worst in our history. At least, in the past, our decline had been gradual, not the complete illogical collapse we have witnessed in the last 18 months.

The worst season in CCFC's history was the one where we were rebranded and it was supported.

Slade might be a manager without any obvious strengths but the first problem is the debt and the second problem is Tan. This letter isn't written by passionate bluebirds but by journalists who are trying to write something the majority of City fans will read and agree with, even if that means ignoring the actual problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Fri, 01 May 2015 07:53
    Not even a hint of hyperbole there. Didn't read beyond that.
    Wasn't there some contract dispute when JFH left?

I have lost count of the amount of open bloody letters that have been sent to Vincent Tan. Seriously if you were in his position would you take any notice of this? He probably finds it irritating at best and I would not expect him to welcome the criticism. I bet it just winds him up.

As for the manager choices they are just pure guesswork and unfortunately if Tan was going to change the manager he wont have the luxury having a quick punt. He has got to get it right which judging by his previous attempts he has had a difficult job doing. The names suggested like Jimmy FH, Bellamy, Warburton etc have little or no experience and would be a complete gamble. Poyet maybe ok but even he has had a dificult time at Sunderland. Whoever takes the job, should Slade be sacked, has got a really difficult task. We all have a good moan about Slade but do you reckon the likes of Pulis would have done any better this season under exactly the same circumstances? I doubt it. Slade for all misgivings had shit job to do and was massively handicapped with some his best players loaned out and his budget cut, not even Mourinho could have done anything.

Anyway rant over, articles like this really get up my nose. They achieve nothing and just spout a mixture or the bleedin obvious and fantasy management. Someone at that paper has too much time on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by THE DON wrote on Fri, 01 May 2015 16:32
    I have lost count of the amount of open bloody letters that have been sent to Vincent Tan. Seriously if you were in his position would you take any notice of this? He probably finds it irritating at best and I would not expect him to welcome the criticism. I bet it just winds him up.
    Considering these passionate bluebirds backed the rebrand then questioned it then backed it again before celebrating it's reversal...

We compete in one of the most competitive leagues in the world , not pretty at the moment I would agree though.

I"m in the "every little helps" camp. The comment about the worst season was ill considered and has been seized upon on all of the messageboeards. To do that, however, deflects from the main purpose of the article which was to ratchet up pressure on Russell Slade.

If we want rid of him (I do, for one), then I view articles like this, which demonstrate the shift in position by the local press, as better late than never.