+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: NHS - Interesting views

NHS - Interesting views

My Mother, Sister, and Aunty all work in the NHS as Nurses, and care deeply about the future stability of the service, and quality of care they can provide.

Interestingly my Mother worked for over 10 years In Princess Of Wales A+E , one of the most demanding and under resourced departments in the country.

Yesterday I discovered all of them voted conservative. When I questioned this due to the belief that conservative is bad for NHS, I was told how surprisingly most of the staff they have spoken to within the NHS will be voting Conservative to.

Why? because Labours Welsh NHS is I am told is at breaking point, My Step-dad suffered a stroke three days ago, and spent 3 and a half hours in an ambulance outside the Princess of Wales hospital waiting for a bed, once we got him inside I cant bring myself to describe that state of some of the people, what I can say is that the atmosphere was intimating with one thug abusing staff until he got a particular medicine, and the common denominator in most 'patients' being alcohol and drug abuse.

The ambulance staff, nurses and doctors where brilliant, and I felt for them I certainly could never work under the pressures I witnessed sat there that day.

The truth of the matter is, people are abusing the service combined with an ageing population, without regulation and stronger controls in place, sustaining it in its current form is not feasible it is just an ideology.

Yes it may mean, that the Welsh might have to pay for prescriptions, it may also mean that A + E doctors are given the power to refuse treatment to time wasters.

But if these measures mean that the NHS can continue to survive and remain free at the point of service, then In my opinion those decisions have to be made.

Re: NHS - Interesting views

Kirsty Williams (leader of the Welsh Lib Dems) is recognised as very knowledgeable about the NHS - it's just about the only thing she "won" on in the BBC leaders debates when the lib dems were being asked tough questions in every debate.

What we have to realise is that the NHS is devolved (although the budget isn't) and we have Welsh elections coming up on the horizon. If you care about the NHS in Wales then please, please vote for Kirsty Williams and the Welsh Lib Dems.

Surge what are the Welsh Lib Dems policy on the NHS budget ?

Westminster have ring fenced the English NHS budget , where as in Wales the WAG decided not to - so health spending in Wales was cut by about 10-15 %.

Will the Welsh Lib Dems ring fence the Welsh NHS budget ? - I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee wrote on Fri, 08 May 2015 09:08
    My Mother, Sister, and Aunty all work in the NHS as Nurses, and care deeply about the future stability of the service, and quality of care they can provide.
    But if these measures mean that the NHS can continue to survive and remain free at the point of service, then In my opinion those decisions have to be made.

Women just like voting Conservative. It's like buying a Gucci handbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue wrote on Fri, 08 May 2015 17:31
    Women just like voting Conservative. It's like buying a Gucci handbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Fri, 08 May 2015 10:39
    Surge what are the Welsh Lib Dems policy on the NHS budget ?
    All I can say is the BBC praised Kirsty Williams for the way she talked about the NHS in the Welsh leaders debates.