+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lost by the opposition not won by the Tories

Lost by the opposition not won by the Tories

Looking at the 37% of Tory votes emerging that was about the same as 5 years ago.. Even in the places where Tories gained the votes are about the same as when then lost 5 years ago.

So it's the complete mess and shambles of the opposition is what went wrong.

I do wonder about Plaid. Very poor leadership.

Re: Lost by the opposition not won by the Tories

Labour failed. That's why the Tories have won.

Am worried about where plaid will go from here. Expected them to win ynys môn

Divide and conquer

Patronising git. The Tories win because the people voted for them. It seems they are not just a party for the rich after all.

I voted Tory and I'm not rich. I don't even own a yacht.

I think Millibands decision to rule out working with the SNP has cost him a lot.

Instead of defending what he would have eventually have had to do, and arguing the case as to why it wouldn't have actually ended up with the SNP calling the shots, he walked straight into the Tory trap, and by refusing to work with them, only endorsed the Tory claims being made.

Critical error.

Love all the wriggling going on.It is what it is-the Tory's have won this quite comfortably against predictions.Live with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird wrote on Fri, 08 May 2015 10:01
    Looking at the 37% of Tory votes emerging that was about the same as 5 years ago.. Even in the places where Tories gained the votes are about the same as when then lost 5 years ago.
    Won by fear, I think.

People didnt want a LAbour SNP government. Thats where it went wrong. SNP not only decimated Labour in scotland they made it worse for Labour in the rest of the UK.

Worst possible outcome for the SNP - they have no one to bully now.

The SNP lost Labour the election - not forgetting the unions forced the wrong brother to the top.

Just listening to Ed Milli now - he sounds like a man who has wasted 5 years of his life promoting something no one believed in.

Milliband senior to return the knife from his back pretty soon I think

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Fri, 08 May 2015 12:13
    Worst possible outcome for the SNP - they have no one to bully now.
    The SNP needed a minority government - they won't get 56 MPs again, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Fri, 08 May 2015 11:58
    Patronising git. The Tories win because the people voted for them. It seems they are not just a party for the rich after all.
    Voting system has to change.

Feedback

of course the voting system has to change. those shouting loudest for change now - were you so vociferous when Labour won nearly 2/3 of the commons in 1997 with 43% of the vote?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh wrote on Fri, 08 May 2015 12:22
    I voted Tory and I'm not rich. I don't even own a yacht.
    The population of the UK is 64 million; government figures put the figure of those eligible to vote at a little over 49 million. Latest figures give the turn out yesterday at about 57%, so only 28 million voted. Tories had 37% of those 28 million which means only 10.3 million voted for them; 18 million didn't.

Fair dos to Cameron and his party. Played it well, very well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird wrote on Fri, 08 May 2015 10:01
    http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/did-the-tories- really-win/16954#.VUzTkCH2Bdh

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Fri, 08 May 2015 12:06
    Love all the wriggling going on.It is what it is-the Tory's have won this quite comfortably against predictions.Live with it!!!
    I think they call it democracy