+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: DWP to cut a disabled to access work scheme

DWP to cut a disabled to access work scheme

DWP release documents to cut the scheme to get disabled people back into work hours after the election results . You deserve the government you vote for

Re: DWP to cut a disabled to access work scheme

That right eh? Proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Harley wrote on Fri, 08 May 2015 21:34
    DWP release documents to cut the scheme to get disabled people back into work hours after the election results . You deserve the government you vote for
    What's wrong with that.

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Fri, 08 May 2015 21:51
    So some of these f***ers with blue badges, who can walk & run faster and further than me, may have to work for their coin.
    Now, what about the genuine disabled people who this may have helped, what about them TIT?

wait till the tories start cutting into the welfare budget, and the nhs goes into virtual meltdown, and the immigrants keep coming over for a free meal ticket every year,

then we will see how popular the tories are

I can see the hospitals getting crowded.

So some of these f***ers with blue badges, who can walk & run faster and further than me, may have to work for their coin.
    Is this a new record for trashing a manifesto promise in the shortest time following an election victory?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tim Muff wrote on Sat, 09 May 2015 00:31
    What's wrong with that.
    You didn't expect anything in their manifesto to be true did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gluey wrote on Sat, 09 May 2015 00:37
    What's wrong with that.
    I think you've misunderstood. The scheme that is under threat is one that assists people to GET work - not avoid it. "The fund helps people and employers cover costs of disabilities that might be a barrier to work."
    No.

What's wrong with that.
    The policy is from March not today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tim Muff wrote on Sat, 09 May 2015 00:38
    What's wrong with that.
    I think you've misunderstood. The scheme that is under threat is one that assists people to GET work - not avoid it. "The fund helps people and employers cover costs of disabilities that might be a barrier to work."
    It follows that reducing this funding will make it harder or more expensive for disabled people to find work. This is in direct conflict with the tory manifesto. "As part of our objective to achieve full employment, we will aim to halve the disability employment gap: we will transform policy, practice and public attitudes, so that hundreds of thousands more disabled people who can and want to be in work find employment," it pledges."
    What is funny is that some follicallly challenged fella with a double-barrel surname went on national TV a few days ago, and said he had no idea where any welfare cuts would be made as none had been decided yet

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Sat, 09 May 2015 00:39
    What's wrong with that.
    Isn't that worse???????

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tim Muff wrote on Sat, 09 May 2015 00:44
    What's wrong with that.
    It follows that reducing this funding will make it harder or more expensive for disabled people to find work. This is in direct conflict with the tory manifesto. "As part of our objective to achieve full employment, we will aim to halve the disability employment gap: we will transform policy, practice and public attitudes, so that hundreds of thousands more disabled people who can and want to be in work find employment," it pledges."
    I've not read the impact assessment so have no idea what it suggests, have you? What does it say?

The in-work benefit cuts are going to be good, we'll be seeing 'hard working' families forced out onto the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Sat, 09 May 2015 00:54
    What's wrong with that.
    Is this a new record for trashing a manifesto promise in the shortest time following an election victory?
    I'd be very interested to hear which words you *think* I put in your mouth??????

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tim Muff wrote on Sat, 09 May 2015 00:59
    What's wrong with that.
    Out of interest you never answered my question, have you read the impact assessment? And if so what does it say?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Sat, 09 May 2015 01:03
    What's wrong with that.
    The impact assessment was today.
    It was a short comment, and not one I wished to develop into ANY form of distraction or deflection. I hope you can respect that

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tim Muff wrote on Sat, 09 May 2015 01:17
    What's wrong with that.
    Not the it makes much difference. In fact, of for the sake of deflection, you wish to fixate on a March date, doesn't that mean that they were trashing their manifesto even as they were publishing it?
    As I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Sat, 09 May 2015 01:23
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tim Muff wrote on Sat, 09 May 2015 01:17
    What's wrong with that.
    Not the it makes much difference. In fact, of for the sake of deflection, you wish to fixate on a March date, doesn't that mean that they were trashing their manifesto even as they were publishing it?
    Isn't that worse???????
    G'night TB.

Quote Originally Posted by Gluey wrote on Sat, 09 May 2015 00:43
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tim Muff wrote on Sat, 09 May 2015 00:38
    What's wrong with that.
    Well TBF those cuts might be decided a whole lot differently now they have their majority