+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "The Wolstenholme Cup" - an award for the best TV football summarizer 2014/15

"The Wolstenholme Cup" - an award for the best TV football summarizer 2014/15

The short-list of runners who've explained what's happening on the pitch for the past season includes Gary Neville, Alan Smith, Andy Townsend, Niall Quinn and the dark horse, Don Goodman.

Who's your nomination?

Re: "The Wolstenholme Cup" - an award for the best TV football summarizer 2014/15

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops wrote on Fri, 22 May 2015 14:55
    The short-list of runners who've explained what's happening on the pitch for the past season includes Gary Neville, Alan Smith, Andy Townsend, Niall Quinn and the dark horse, Don Goodman.
    Really?

Re: "The Wolstenholme Cup" - an award for the best TV football summarizer 2014/15

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Fri, 22 May 2015 15:05
    Who's your nomination?
    Although I may just have noticed what you're getting at

I think all of the nominees do a great job (apart from Townsend of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops wrote on Fri, 22 May 2015 15:58
    I think all of the nominees do a great job (apart from Townsend of course).
    Plus he's so biased to Man City / Sunderland it renders his input useless.

I must add Gary Birtles to the short list.

I always enjoy his co-commentary and thought he was spot-on once again during Southend v Wycombe game. Despite being a double European Championship winner and playing for England and Man Utd, he never belittles the players in the lesser leagues.

Totally agreed with his comments about Wycombe's lack of ambition after taking the lead -which ultimately cost them the game.

I like Jim Beglin. Normally has something interesting to say.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Sun, 24 May 2015 07:39
    I like Jim Beglin. Normally has something interesting to say.
    -

Watching Roma - Lazio... the 'expert' is Paul McVeigh.

Save me from opinionated Irishmen, especially when they sound as if they've got their nuts trapped in a vice.... aaaargh!